2RBO_FK7

First Name
Jaemiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi! Newbie here does anyone done some mods for 2017 Hatchback sport CVT?
Sponsored

Last edited:

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes there's many have been working on the CVT FK7, since I'm one of them. I assume you mean mods, what specifically are you looking to do?

In my case, I'm pretty satisfied with the stock performance so far, so what I've done are mostly the looks and accessories add on.

Look further in this forum, you'll find many ideas, it's a money pit like literally lol

OP
OP
2RBO_FK7

2RBO_FK7

First Name
Jaemiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes there's many have been working on the CVT FK7, since I'm one of them. I assume you mean mods, what specifically are you looking to do?

In my case, I'm pretty satisfied with the stock performance so far, so what I've done are mostly the looks and accessories add on.

Look further in this forum, you'll find many ideas, it's a money pit like literally lol
Yes mods lol, i was thingking for air intake? How about for the led lights what brand is the best for our car?

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't gone that far on mine yet, since I have the sport touring, the headlight is already LED, but the many other bulbs on the car uses T10, those I used I brand name JDMAstra on Amazon, haven't have a burn out yet, that said, the most reliable one I have so far :)
T10 can be used at:
Map light,
back seat roof light,
trunk light,
Side markers,
OEM glove box light (if you choose to add that),
Reverse light

I don't know how it compares with the other brands, but I think it's pretty enough for me. There's also a vender here called TypeRLed, stuffs from them seems really bright, though a bit pricy imo.

Intake, I haven't done enough research yet, but I'm using a KnN drop in filter now, going fine for me, there's also some here suggest the AEM dry filter.

Search around, watch (kinda like subscribe) the "what did you do to your Civic" thread, there from time to time you'll see how others work on their cars, that can give you a good lead;)

2slowgs-r

First Name
KnockOut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Look into ktuner/Hondata. First thing u want to do to increase HP. Big difference with much better power band for day to day drivability. Youā€™d love this the most with the best money invested!

Intake if I want to hear ur turbo spool.

Lowering springs to make that aggressive look.

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My civic is also a ā€˜17 CVT. I havenā€™t had a specific order to installing my mods but Iā€™ll list off what I can remember in case any of it may appeal to what youā€™re looking for.

-Interior LED lights (got a pack of them for cheap off amazon)
-KTuner 1.2 (for what you pay it really enhances the driving experience and is 100% worth it no question)
-Hideaway subwoofer (I installed it under my seat so I could keep as much trunk space open as possible)
-New headunit (Waiting for parts to come in before I install this, Iā€™m not a fan of the stock one on the sport trim)
-Replica Type R Spoiler (not everyoneā€™s cup of tea but I took it to a shop that did a great job and I absolutely love it)
-Custom fit coverking leather seat covers
-OEM Type R badges
-OEM Mud guards/window visors

Iā€™m probably forgetting a couple things but it really boils down to what kind of a budget you are working with and how extensive you want to go. I know before the year is over I am planning on upgrading to 18ā€™ Konig Oversteer wheels and getting a Greddy exhaust installed. I hope some of this info will at least help point you in the direction you want to go with your car. Best of luck!

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My civic is also a ā€˜17 CVT. I havenā€™t had a specific order to installing my mods but Iā€™ll list off what I can remember in case any of it may appeal to what youā€™re looking for.

-Interior LED lights (got a pack of them for cheap off amazon)
-KTuner 1.2 (for what you pay it really enhances the driving experience and is 100% worth it no question)
-Hideaway subwoofer (I installed it under my seat so I could keep as much trunk space open as possible)
-New headunit (Waiting for parts to come in before I install this, Iā€™m not a fan of the stock one on the sport trim)
-Replica Type R Spoiler (not everyoneā€™s cup of tea but I took it to a shop that did a great job and I absolutely love it)
-Custom fit coverking leather seat covers
-OEM Type R badges
-OEM Mud guards/window visors

Iā€™m probably forgetting a couple things but it really boils down to what kind of a budget you are working with and how extensive you want to go. I know before the year is over I am planning on upgrading to 18ā€™ Konig Oversteer wheels and getting a Greddy exhaust installed. I hope some of this info will at least help point you in the direction you want to go with your car. Best of luck!
how much did u pay them to install it and did u get one for abs dynamics?

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how much did u pay them to install it and did u get one for abs dynamics?
Ended up going with the ABS Dynamics replica wing. For them to paint the side pieces red and the wing itself black came out to roughly $350. Before getting it painted, I was doing my research on the forums here and I found a hand drawn template for where the holes needed to be drilled into the hatch to mount the spoiler. I printed off a copy of this and took it to the shop and asked them if it would be a problem for them to do the install as well on top of the paint job. The owner was a super friendly guy and he seemed really excited about what I was trying to accomplish. As far as I know, I wasnā€™t charged for the install, just the paint job.

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ended up going with the ABS Dynamics replica wing. For them to paint the side pieces red and the wing itself black came out to roughly $350. Before getting it painted, I was doing my research on the forums here and I found a hand drawn template for where the holes needed to be drilled into the hatch to mount the spoiler. I printed off a copy of this and took it to the shop and asked them if it would be a problem for them to do the install as well on top of the paint job. The owner was a super friendly guy and he seemed really excited about what I was trying to accomplish. As far as I know, I wasnā€™t charged for the install, just the paint job.
nice I def want the wing I heard it flexes while speeding or going at certain mph so id probably get the stabilizer kit as well, I know abs dynamics paints the wing for 329 but I heard some people say the color isn't dead on.

OP
OP
2RBO_FK7

2RBO_FK7

First Name
Jaemiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi guys! Do you follow the maintenance on the dealership? They told me that i need to do my fuel injection cleaning every 15k miles?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 FK7 Hatchback Sport CVT A6960A97-9129-4479-8499-EDCFD9CDEA96

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys! Do you follow the maintenance of the dealership? They told me that I need to do my fuel injection cleaning every 15k miles?

A6960A97-9129-4479-8499-EDCFD9CDEA96.png
I wonder what are they going to do with that, like pressure flush it or use chemical run through it? My dealer hasn't brought this up to me, but I haven't reached 15k in my last service, so I can't tell if it's just your dealer's thing...
But fuel injection cleaning... isn't that's what Techron or BG 44K do? pour a can/bottle into the gas tank with a full tank of gas, and drive the "build-up" out...

OP
OP
2RBO_FK7

2RBO_FK7

First Name
Jaemiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I wonder what are they going to do with that, like pressure flush it or use chemical run through it? My dealer hasn't brought this up to me, but I haven't reached 15k in my last service, so I can't tell if it's just your dealer's thing...
But fuel injection cleaning... isn't that's what Techron or BG 44K do? pour a can/bottle into the gas tank with a full tank of gas, and drive the "build-up" out...
I am on my 26k, yes i will never go back to the dealership and what happened is they said they oil change my car but after I checked it it was dark color, and the guy who oil change my car ask me if you want we can do it again so you can see that i did it, damn by the time he took of the oil plug it was really all black hahaha and he was iā€™ve been doin this for 19 years iā€™m about to say that dude i am 35 yrs old and i guess i know what is the color of a new engine oil hehe lessons learned

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am on my 26k, yes i will never go back to the dealership and what happened is they said they oil change my car but after I checked it it was dark color, and the guy who oil change my car ask me if you want we can do it again so you can see that i did it, damn by the time he took of the oil plug it was really all black hahaha and he was iā€™ve been doin this for 19 years iā€™m about to say that dude i am 35 yrs old and i guess i know what is the color of a new engine oil hehe lessons learned
O wow, so they can't even do a good job on oil change (or didn't do it at all?)

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice I def want the wing I heard it flexes while speeding or going at certain mph so id probably get the stabilizer kit as well, I know abs dynamics paints the wing for 329 but I heard some people say the color isn't dead on.
If you use the 3m weatherproof tape, foam tape between pieces, longer bolts, and rubber washers the wing might "flex" on the highway but it is sturdy for sure and does not vibrate. I've done like 85 with the wing on and there really wasn't any flex other than what you would expect from a bunch of fast moving air hitting the wing or from hitting a bump. I did the install myself to assure that there would be no vibration.
Sponsored