sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
Wow. I didn’t think I was going to notice a difference, but… wow. I recently bought an Eibach Rear Sway Bar from another member locally. I almost didn’t install it because I don’t trust my novice skills with the car on jack stands alone. I found a local place that rents out car lifts (friggin’ gold), and I decided to give it another go knowing that I was in the proper environment with all the possible tools I would need.

So I unbolted everything, chose the stiffer setting (holes closest to the bar) and put it all back together. My car is my daily, but I drive it easily and honestly wanted to see what the max difference an upgraded rear sway bar could make. It’s a big difference. Worth every penny, although now I might take corners a little more spiritedly than I used to >_>

Here’s where I need honest opinions. Should I consider upgrading the end links in the future? Sooner, later – ever at all? They look old, but they weren’t broken. Unfortunately my car grew up on the east coast, so it’s seen a lot of winter and rain. I don’t mind doing the work again, but am I putting my car at risk for being on the stock ones at the moment?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 EXT | Upgraded Rear Sway Bar 9B9F00E1-B163-4B58-9BA8-E4F93AD92407

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 EXT | Upgraded Rear Sway Bar 61512720-101C-473B-A481-706B5A16A710

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 EXT | Upgraded Rear Sway Bar F4E0FB1A-E94F-4179-8D4C-EAE77FFDC116

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
The nice thing about upgraded endlinks (if they’re adjustable) is you can dial out any preload in the swaybar. Upgraded links are usually stronger as well.

Another benefit that Whiteline endlinks have (I don’t know how other manufacturers manage this), is they allow you to use the softer setting on the bar. On an aftermarket bar, the stiffer setting is what naturally lines up with the endlink. You have to flex it quite a bit to reach the soft setting. The Whiteline endlinks have spacers you can stack in a different order to align the endlink to the soft setting on the bar.

Again, not an issue if you’re happy with the stuff setting. But the OEM endlinks will eventually wear and get sloppy.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
A lot of people including myself who dont need the adjustability just get the aluminum oem accord endlinks (52320-TLB-A0) to replace the plastic ones on the civic.

OP
OP
sventhecivic

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I’m hearing the stock ones clicking now, so I’ll shut up and take your advice. Thanks for the part number in advance pinhead!

OP
OP
sventhecivic

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I called my local Honda and they said they have the accord end links in stock. Dude said $34.79 a piece... when they're $16.90 through HondaPartsNow?? Like what? That was for one too, not a set.

Anyway, last question, when I install them should I consider loctite? If so what color? Right now I've just been torquing the bolts.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Wow. I didn’t think I was going to notice a difference, but… wow. I recently bought an Eibach Rear Sway Bar from another member locally. I almost didn’t install it because I don’t trust my novice skills with the car on jack stands alone. I found a local place that rents out car lifts (friggin’ gold), and I decided to give it another go knowing that I was in the proper environment with all the possible tools I would need.

So I unbolted everything, chose the stiffer setting (holes closest to the bar) and put it all back together. My car is my daily, but I drive it easily and honestly wanted to see what the max difference an upgraded rear sway bar could make. It’s a big difference. Worth every penny, although now I might take corners a little more spiritedly than I used to >_>

Here’s where I need honest opinions. Should I consider upgrading the end links in the future? Sooner, later – ever at all? They look old, but they weren’t broken. Unfortunately my car grew up on the east coast, so it’s seen a lot of winter and rain. I don’t mind doing the work again, but am I putting my car at risk for being on the stock ones at the moment?

9B9F00E1-B163-4B58-9BA8-E4F93AD92407.jpeg

61512720-101C-473B-A481-706B5A16A710.jpeg

F4E0FB1A-E94F-4179-8D4C-EAE77FFDC116.jpeg
wow i was just thinking about getting a rear sway bar, you should look into a rear sway bar brace from eibach. I've heard of people snapping bars using the stiffer setting and driving aggressive. I forget what can break but its really hard to repair. Hopefully someone has some insight on this. Anyway looks good!

in.the.wind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7
Country flag

9B9F00E1-B163-4B58-9BA8-E4F93AD92407.jpeg

61512720-101C-473B-A481-706B5A16A710.jpeg

F4E0FB1A-E94F-4179-8D4C-EAE77FFDC116.jpeg
Don't mind me reviving this thread, I didn't have much help in regards to installing my Eibach Rear Sway bar w/ Accord Endlinks and just saw this double confirming I installed it the right way lol. Thanks for the thread to ease my woes! (Haven't heard any clunking anyway full turns in so I figured it was fine.) I would highly recommend upgrading the endlinks if you haven't already. I upgraded mine to the 2018 Accord ones and man w/ the RSB it is night and day difference with how much more planted and a unit this car feels now.

wow i was just thinking about getting a rear sway bar, you should look into a rear sway bar brace from eibach. I've heard of people snapping bars using the stiffer setting and driving aggressive. I forget what can break but its really hard to repair. Hopefully someone has some insight on this. Anyway looks good!
I mean imo only thing that should snap is the endlinks or the RSB itself based on install. If upgrading the endlinks its very unlikely to snap, with stock plastic ones? Sure they'll prolly snap after awhile. But the Eibach sway bar should be under their million mile warranty, it snap and they should be giving you a new one. If endlinks snap they're pretty cheap at like 17$ a piece add in shipping its like 50$ max? I ended up just ordering them along side a Type R chassis brace.