Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
That's a great point.

Now what will the winning bid be?
I could be wrong, but I think most of us that's willing to pay ADM on this forum, is going for the minimum since we can't get MSRP. We all have a max. For me, it's 5k. With that said, every time i hear the word auction or bidding for this R, I automatically process that it's going to go way beyond my max ADM. I immediately give up this type of bidding war. I mean, we're competing against the country for this..ha!

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, 06 GPW S2000, 00 FPB Integra Type R, 10 BMW 535i M-sport
American Honda says its vin 01 and shift plate #01. The pictures say otherwise about the shift plate... is it not the actual car? Would they really ship #001 with the masses on the ship? Or special freight? Only Honda knows...

IMG_2604.JPG
All-knowing- can you tell me how you got this detailed of a zoom? I tried zooming up the image from BaT in some graphics software (admittedly old) and when I zoom up it is grainy, unreadable.

I used this image:
http://13252-presscdn-0-94.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/DSC_7282-1.jpg

I just want to confirm details on exactly how you did it before I bring it to the attention of the BaT community.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
All-knowing- can you tell me how you got this detailed of a zoom? I tried zooming up the image from BaT in some graphics software (admittedly old) and when I zoom up it is grainy, unreadable.

I used this image:
http://13252-presscdn-0-94.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/DSC_7282-1.jpg

I just want to confirm details on exactly how you did it before I bring it to the attention of the BaT community.
Follow the link to the HondaNews.com website/press release. There, you can download 14mb images that have all the needed resolution to zoom in that far!

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Follow the link to the HondaNews.com website/press release. There, you can download 14mb images that have all the needed resolution to zoom in that far!
Ahh. Okay.

Well, guess what? They've now removed the link to the higher rez copies.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag

I used this image:

BaT is aware. I've commented. They won't post my comments

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BaT is aware. I've commented. They won't post my comments
Ha, well then that's why I never saw anything about it in BaT comments. I posted a similar comment about an hour ago and so far it hasn't been taken down. We'll see if it lasts. I don't want to call them out because it's such an awesome charity deal, but I feel like it needs to be known too.

And HOLEEEEEE CHIT! $200,000 bid!! Wow! That's so awesome.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Ha, well then that's why I never saw anything about it in BaT comments. I posted a similar comment about an hour ago and so far it hasn't been taken down. We'll see if it lasts. I don't want to call them out because it's such an awesome charity deal, but I feel like it needs to be known too.

And HOLEEEEEE CHIT! $200,000 bid!! Wow! That's so awesome.
I'm sure it will go for at least 500K.

nabusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, Acura RLX
$200k is nuts, what is wrong with these people.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
its chump change to some multimillionaire, besides its all tax deductible.
Yeah that's a $160K contribution to charity. Someone is having a good year and needed a tax write-off. I don't begrudge that. I wish I could do something like that as it goes to a great charity. I can think of way worse things to do with a lot of money.

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
Honda updated the description and disclosed the photos are not actually vin 01. From the auction comments below..
AmericanHondaMotorCo (The Seller) 85
@magnus @uncleben For auction is the first production 2017 Civic Type R, Shift Plate R-00001 with VIN number SHHFK8G75HU200101, that has just arrived on the shores of the US. Pictured is the first Type R we had access to photograph. We have added the VIN to the listing for reference.