2017 Civic Type R window sticker reveals $33,900 MSRP!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
well Fiesta ST is basically a featherweight with low limits. Like a FWD miata. Type R is bit more substantial. Fun to drive is all relative. I found driving Mazdaspeed Miata way more fun than the old e92 m3. Definitively the Type R is faster car, but faster doesn't always translate to fun to drive. I'm sure the Type R is a fun car if last gen is anything to go by.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Share a 2015 Rav4
Country flag
I was at my local Honda dealer today looking at the SI.

I asked about the Type R, it was sold already. 40k

It was red.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
there is a 5k guy will never see again. Is it really worth 5k to be the first one in the block to own a depreciating asset?

seetohey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2018 M2; Future: CTR
I was at my local Honda dealer today looking at the SI.

I asked about the Type R, it was sold already. 40k

It was red.
Damn. Is that before taxes/fees?

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
I'm on the list at 3 different Honda dealership here local to me , they said in about 3 to 4 weeks they should have a few , but don't know the colors. But atlease I'm first on the list. I currently have a 2015 STI that's payed for & I'll be trading that inn & paying cash for the rest. Don't get me wrong I like my STI , but I've always been a Honda guy. And it's the first civic type r coming to America. I'm sold !! My line up will be complet , my 2008 s2000 with 20k my all original delsol vtec with 50k & my new civic type r.. I'm ready guys

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
I like how the red one is going to hawai to kamehameha hwy, as a big dragonball z fan i got a kick out of that!!
I used to live by that dealership, and would always read that word just like how it was screamed in the cartoon.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
holy crap - haha - that's my VIN... I just talked to the dealer yesterday... estimated arrival date was the first week in June... I'll try to reach out to him again today.
Now you have 30K ADM because that VIN is now popular....

Reactions: IMG

IMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW GLI, 2017 Civic Type R
Now you have 30K ADM because that VIN is now popular....
Haha. If anything, it's brought that dealership a lot of press and attention. They should give me the car at invoice. :)

TypeRMom

First Name
Ciaran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2013 Mazdaspeed 3, 2011 Mazda3, 1979 Datsun 280zx, 2004 honda civic, 1990 ford f150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well Fiesta ST is basically a featherweight with low limits. Like a FWD miata. Type R is bit more substantial. Fun to drive is all relative. I found driving Mazdaspeed Miata way more fun than the old e92 m3. Definitively the Type R is faster car, but faster doesn't always translate to fun to drive. I'm sure the Type R is a fun car if last gen is anything to go by.
I love my mazdaspeed! Sorry ... I digress
Sponsored