2017 CIVIC TYPE R TURBO GT LKAS ACC FAULTS

BLAKEYCOM

First Name
Blakey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HONDA CIVIC TYPE R GT S/S
Hi im new on here ive just brought a 2017 CIVIC TYPE R TURBO GT but i have LKAS ACC faults ive been reading a few threads and every one who has this fault when they turn the car off and restart it they go off but mine are constantly on does any one know what it could be as i dont want to go dealers yet as it may not be under warranty Thanks
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Hi im new on here ive just brought a 2017 CIVIC TYPE R TURBO GT but i have LKAS ACC faults ive been reading a few threads and every one who has this fault when they turn the car off and restart it they go off but mine are constantly on does any one know what it could be as i dont want to go dealers yet as it may not be under warranty Thanks
You just bought it.....its under warranty.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Man! I wish we had access to these systems here in the states.

It sounds like something simple like maybe one of the sensors didn't get connected or it popped apart. I think your dealer should be able to narrow it down and it should definitely be covered by warranty. I think warranties are fairly globally universal - meaning 3 year 36k mile bumper to bumper 100% covered.

If you end up getting into something with a dealer, please get us as many wire/parts diagrams as you can get associated with the ACC and LKA

OP
OP
BLAKEYCOM

BLAKEYCOM

First Name
Blakey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man! I wish we had access to these systems here in the states.

It sounds like something simple like maybe one of the sensors didn't get connected or it popped apart. I think your dealer should be able to narrow it down and it should definitely be covered by warranty. I think warranties are fairly globally universal - meaning 3 year 36k mile bumper to bumper 100% covered.

If you end up getting into something with a dealer, please get us as many wire/parts diagrams as you can get associated with the ACC and LKA

This car was damaged so thats why im worried about warranty??
Thanks

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
This car was damaged so thats why im worried about warranty??
Thanks
Ahhh dang ok. Makes sense.
Good luck! Let us know how it works out!

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Gotcha. Well that for sure means the honda factory warranty is out the door. Who did you buy the vehicle from? If you got it from a direct sale from a owner you a probably out of luck.

Hard to say what the issue is since you said the car was damaged. Depending on how damage whether it be light or heavy, could be anything.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
did you have the windshield or front bumper replaced or anything? i cant say for sure on the type r because we dont have the driving support systems on ours here in the states, but every other vehicle has the multi purpose camera for the lane keep assist is mounted on the windshield, and the radar for active cruise is mounted somewhere in the front bumper. depending on the damage or what was replaced most likely the camera will need to be re-aimed and calibrated

OP
OP
BLAKEYCOM

BLAKEYCOM

First Name
Blakey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you have the windshield or front bumper replaced or anything? i cant say for sure on the type r because we dont have the driving support systems on ours here in the states, but every other vehicle has the multi purpose camera for the lane keep assist is mounted on the windshield, and the radar for active cruise is mounted somewhere in the front bumper. depending on the damage or what was replaced most likely the camera will need to be re-aimed and calibrated

ok thanks for that im not sure whats been replaced as ive brought the car repaired im just going to have to go speak to the dealers and see what he have got to say and pay loads i suppose.
Sponsored