Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.caranddriver.com/review...56/2019-honda-civic-type-r-vs-2019-vw-golf-r/

Comparison with the Golf R

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I find the Golf hideously boring looking
Same. I’m sick of articles saying the exact same thing about the CTR: “oh it drives phenomenally but I couldn’t be seen getting out of it!!”

Meanwhile people twice or even thrice my age have given me nothing but compliments on it at work.

Advertisement

mdm24

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

BarracksSi

Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Why not good? They didn't rotate the tires at all, and pretended that the car was RWD stagger setup instead of FWD.
Rotating the tires regularly only means that you'll eventually be driving on four bald tires right before replacing them all at once.

IMO, as long as the wear isn't weird, like camber wear or cupping, then it's fine to run the fronts into the dirt, rotate the rears to the front, and buy two new tires for the rear.

(and why put the new tires in back? Because understeer is generally safer than oversteer)

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a true review, but on Throttle House they compared a Mustang GT PP1 to the new A90 Toyota Supra, and guess what? Neither of them were faster around the track than the FWD hero called the Type R.

unknown.png

DevonK

Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Country flag
EVO had a mega hot hatch comparison with 14 contenders in a recent print issue and the CTR maintained its supremacy. Not on its web site yet.