2017 Civic Type R Reviews Compilation

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Your screen name looks very familiar, by any chance did you take an EVO auto-x class a long while ago at Fedex field?
LONG while ago, yeah. Here's the vid that I made my avatar from (some forums correctly display it as an animated gif, too):

And one of the other guys late in the day:
Sponsored

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
LONG while ago, yeah. Here's the vid that I made my avatar from (some forums correctly display it as an animated gif, too):

And one of the other guys late in the day:
Haha that other guy was me, my old screen name on ClubRSX was Y2A and that's my old car:wave: A couple of old pics I found, the pre-Gopro era ghetto camcorder rig and group car pic:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Reviews Compilation Phase1-1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Reviews Compilation GhettoRig3.JPG

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha that other guy was me, my old screen name on ClubRSX was Y2A and that's my old car:wave: A couple of old pics I found, the pre-Gopro era ghetto camcorder rig and group car pic:

Phase1-1.JPG

GhettoRig3.JPG
Cool! I figured "ILovePho" was a clue; I remembered that the RSX driver was an Asian dude. My camera setup was exactly the same (but a little Canon Elph point-n-shoot, not a camcorder).

That day was some of the best money I've ever spent on the car. I wish I had the time and money to dedicate to autocrossing -- mainly time, as most of my summer weekends were spent traveling for my job. I'm gonna get my wife on-course one of these days.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Cool! I figured "ILovePho" was a clue; I remembered that the RSX driver was an Asian dude. My camera setup was exactly the same (but a little Canon Elph point-n-shoot, not a camcorder).

That day was some of the best money I've ever spent on the car. I wish I had the time and money to dedicate to autocrossing -- mainly time, as most of my summer weekends were spent traveling for my job. I'm gonna get my wife on-course one of these days.
Yes it was, I want to do it again, probably have to retake the course since its been forever since I last autocrossed lol. I'm with you on the time part, I moved up here to NY to finish school and start my career---main reason I sold the RSX. Things settled down a bit and we're in a bigger place, but needed a car again, so I convinced my wife to let me buy the CTR:D. But weekends are family time for me as well, so barely any time to do car related stuff.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes it was, I want to do it again, probably have to retake the course since its been forever since I last autocrossed lol. I'm with you on the time part, I moved up here to NY to finish school and start my career---main reason I sold the RSX. Things settled down a bit and we're in a bigger place, but needed a car again, so I convinced my wife to let me buy the CTR:D. But weekends are family time for me as well, so barely any time to do car related stuff.
I may have missed my window of opportunity for a CTR. When we moved from DC to MD, both of our cars failed the inspection needed to change their tags (totally legit failures, tbh), and my wife used it as an excuse for a new pair of cars. She upgraded from her Camry to a CR-V, and I got my Sport Touring -- because it was available, unlike how the CTR was still rare as unicorn poop back in Spring '17.

I'm starting a new, better-paying job this week, too, but she's still thumbs-down on swapping the easy-driving S/T for a manual-shift CTR. And I have to admit, I'd have a hard time giving up the high-tech bits like adaptive cruise control.

Plus, if I go racing again, I'd need to buy a new helmet as the SA rating on mine has expired (I think). But that's fine, because I got it signed by Richard Petty a few years ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Reviews Compilation IMG_4173

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a28115797/2019-honda-civic-type-r-reliability-maintenance/

C&D got their new long-term 2019 Type R....

This is not cool though:
On the way to the Milwaukee mecca, we took the Lake Express ferry across Lake Michigan—impressively, its cruising speed approaches 40 mph—to shortcut Chicago traffic. We should have done the same when headed home because, unfortunately, on the 340-mile drive back, we found the limits of the Type R's extraordinarily narrow sidewalls. Its 245/30R-20 Continentals imply a nominal 2.9 inches of sidewall, which was not enough to survive a wincing pothole impact.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Reviews Compilation 2019-honda-civic-type-r-ltin-128-1561033849

Pulling off at the next exit to survey the damage, we still weren't certain that it was flat. That's because in our first month with the car, we had experienced numerous false alerts from the tire-pressure-warning system, and it had even activated earlier in the drive. We were surprised in equal measure by how squared off the wheel was and that the tire was still holding 8 psi of pressure. In these no-spare-tire times that we live in, we were stranded overnight, but to our great fortune, the exit that we limped to in western Michigan happened to have a Honda dealership immediately adjacent to a hotel. With a new $1307 wheel, a $296 tire, plus mounting/balancing and a four-wheel alignment, we were back on the road two days later for—ouch—$1831. We sure hope this isn't the start of a trend.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
AutoBild - so the video is in German, but you can turn on Google auto-translate into English.

Current 'ring 'FWD record' Megane RS Trophy vs. FK8.

tl;dw: same track: FK8 1:38.39; Megane 1:38.56 MSRP's: FK8 39157Euro; Megane RS Trophy 39190Euro

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Based on tach should have gone 184 (@7000 rpm), if they hadn't run out of gas!
Suspect 18" tires or smaller.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Not really a review but if you're bored........

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
And only $10,000/second to go that much faster (7:40 vs 7:43)!
Oh, and you can't get it in the USA.
Sponsored