baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I posted elsewhere, but just to keep this thread up-to-date: CTR was on S25E3 of Top Gear. BBC has most of the review up - the show opens with a review on-track of the Lexus LC500 by Chris Harris, followed by:

In the missing bit here, Chris talks about the car being made in Swindon, that it looks like it was designed "only to appeal to children," and bemoans the over 30k# price, but ends with "if you are in the market for a new Japanese performance car, then this Honda might just be a bit of a bargain ..." leading into the LC500/CTR race:

The only missing remaining Type R bits are the in-the-studio wrap up where Chris Harris declares the FK8 as "brilliant, the chassis' fantastic, and it's so fast - really is the best hot hatchback you can buy," but Matt says "it's hideous" and Chris says "... it's disgusting, but, it's so good to drive I can forgive the way it looks ..." and the lap time of 1:25.6 in "not great conditions" (really? see video below) - same time as the LC500, and Chris closes by declaring it "the fastest FWD car and the fastest hot hatchback ever around our track."

BBC later posted Stig's lap on YouTube (not broadcast):

Last edited:

iforyou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2001 Honda S2000, 2007 Acura RDX
Country flag
The only missing remaining Type R bits are the in-the-studio wrap up where Chris Harris declares the FK8 as "brilliant, the chassis' fantastic, and it's so fast - really is the best hot hatchback you can buy," but Matt says "it's hideous" and Chris says "... it's disgusting, but, it's so good to drive I can forgive the way it looks ..." and the lap time of 1:25.6 in "not great conditions" (really? see video below) - same time as the LC500, and Chris closes by declaring it "the fastest FWD car and the fastest hot hatchback ever around our track."

BBC later posted Stig's lap on YouTube (not broadcast):
I think "not great conditions" could mean that the track may be quite cold during the test, which may affect grip level noticeably.

doCTR

First Name
doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW / RS400 / Golf R/ Forester XT
Country flag

Not much impact to us since this car won't come to us. Still thought it was interesting. Review in French comparing a French car to ours. Pardon my French as it sux, but could count the numbers at least :) they gave most "subjective" wins to the Megane and measurable "objective" wins to us :)

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag

Not much impact to us since this car won't come to us. Still thought it was interesting. Review in French comparing a French car to ours. Pardon my French as it sux, but could count the numbers at least :) they gave most "subjective" wins to the Megane and measurable "objective" wins to us :)
I speak French (not my native language though).
They raise some points like:
- the competition inspired suspension makes Megane RS more comfortable than the Type R in Comfort
- standard RS interior is same as regular Megane and you have to spend 1500 eur for Alcantara pack; more sporty atmosphere in TypeR and more space
- she likes more the Type R dynamics, nice gearbox, the engine is perfect, it is more radical/sporty than Megane RS. It wins without hesitation here.
- they like more the wise design of the RS, Type R being a bit over the top
- on track: RS difficult to find optimal traction, v fast gearbox(dct I guess), likes to play; type R puts power down clearly better due to LSD that makes the difference, he says he had the impression that the manual gearbox made him loose time.
They conclude Type R feels more in it's element both on track and road.

Last edited:

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag

Didn't know if this was posted before, thought all the visible and hidden golf r enthusiasts / trolls would appreciHate it
I think it has been posted. Actually this seems like a rip-off channel to harvest views with Driving.ca's content. Here is the original link to the video:

doCTR

First Name
doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW / RS400 / Golf R/ Forester XT
Country flag
Sponsored