2017 Civic Type R Championship White Spotted in SoCal!

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Honda CRX Si
This is very encouraging to see. Some of us are chomping at the bit just to see what the inside looks like, let alone one on the street! :spaz:I'm looking forward to getting a white one, what ever particular white that may be. Seeing this brings a smile to my face.:D

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I compared the close-up to a pic of the prototype. Is it just me or does the air vent behind the front wheel look a little larger on the white one than on the prototype?
I was wondering the same thing, it could be it just stands out more in white, but it looks like the body-kit is just more pronounced all the way around.

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
Country flag
I compared the close-up to a pic of the prototype. Is it just me or does the air vent behind the front wheel look a little larger on the white one than on the prototype?

Definitely a difference in the front vent sizing, I noticed that as well. Too bad we didn't get a look at the front side...

BKTMKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
This is a great find with the video. Thanks for that. Anybody have a guess why they would be taking out a possible production version for a drive? Joyride by execs? They made an effort to cover it but not as much as in the other spy videos. I was just curious. Love the white but hope they have a little bit of black accents (or red?) to make it stand out a little.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Love this car looks like it was meant to be driven and stuck to the road.

Although it was super quiet I'm betting it sounds better in person

dblock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si sedan / 2005 M3
i don't think this is the type r...but the same white civic with "type R" kit from SEMA
The White Sedan from SEMA show has a few decals on the side and rear. The rear wing is different color, the sedan is cf in the middle and white on the sides and on this type r, it's all black.

Last edited:

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
This is a great find with the video. Thanks for that. Anybody have a guess why they would be taking out a possible production version for a drive? Joyride by execs? They made an effort to cover it but not as much as in the other spy videos. I was just curious. Love the white but hope they have a little bit of black accents (or red?) to make it stand out a little.
Test purposes with a little grinning as well I am sure!

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This looks to be entirely wrapped with a white wrap... The rear vents kinda look to be functional but it's hard to tell with such a low res image/video...

Btw, I'm totally not knocking your phone but please upgrade asap and shoot in landscape next time :p... You're my only source in the US with video/pic ability and I need you ready!!

OP
OP
thedailyrey

thedailyrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Civic Si (SOLD), '08 Civic Si, '21 CTR
Country flag
This looks to be entirely wrapped with a white wrap... The rear vents kinda look to be functional but it's hard to tell with such a low res image/video...

Btw, I'm totally not knocking your phone but please upgrade asap and shoot in landscape next time :p... You're my only source in the US with video/pic ability and I need you ready!!

Yes I apologize for that, I took the video on my Snapchat, hence the low video quality. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, so i presume that the quality of the video would have been much better had I not taken the video on Snapchat! Hopefully sometime in the future I can catch something else and I'll record it in landscape mode and in HD! :thumbsup:
Sponsored