Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 civic turbo leaks {filename}
Hi guys how’s everyone.

So recently I was tearing down my top end of my turbo to remove mods to go back to stock and that included my turbo blanket. Well doing so I took the plastic housing of the inlet off and thought I should share this with others.

So I have been gettting worse and worse gas mileage and take off issues and found that this corrected the issue or at lease 80% of the issue I was having.

So the plastic out and the turbo blade exposed now I found a large amount of soot in my turbo pipes as well as crude oil that had seeped in between the rubber gaskets that seals it to the turbo which caused a large leakage of air during build up. This in turn makes the turbo struggle to spool up and waste a lot more gas waiting for it. In the end I had to clean out the whole assembly with a rag and clean the seals as well as clean the small air hoses on the opposite side out. Which had oil seepage coming from it. ((Bolts to the plastic with 2 bolts drivers side.)) I also had to clean the oxygen sensor as it had a very thick layer of black soot on it. (( used oxygen sensor cleaner Only on this part.))

After all the cleaning and fitting the pipe back with clean seals I had better spool up and quicker take offs and noticed right away I was using less gas according to the dash read out. Still waiting to see what kind of change I will get in mileage but I hope it to be closer to what it was at 7 l per 100 km in town again. It was currently at 10.3l per 100km which was insane for this car as I could get better mileage at 9.5l in a v8 Chevy Silverado.

I am also providing some pictures of the pipes and to show how much came out of the one pipe. I used all white clean rags to clean it so any thing that shows is from the pipe.
Sponsored

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
no pictures can be seen. Also, what was your average OCI and what lubricant has been used?