Thehatch17

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
I have a 2017 civic sport hatch.i installed an aftermarket stereo.in the process a wire must’ve touched something because the gauge cluster instrument is out.all the lights work except the 3 main ones.the temp,the fuel and the speedometer.i tried replacing fuses but I don’t think that might be it.i don’t want to replace the bulbs behind the cluster yet..I’m going to do that after ive tried everything else..any help is appreciated thanks.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I have a 2017 civic sport hatch.i installed an aftermarket stereo.in the process a wire must’ve touched something because the gauge cluster instrument is out.all the lights work except the 3 main ones.the temp,the fuel and the speedometer.i tried replacing fuses but I don’t think that might be it.i don’t want to replace the bulbs behind the cluster yet..I’m going to do that after ive tried everything else..any help is appreciated thanks.
Just FYI, you're in the Type R "Engine|Exhaust|Drivetrain|Bolton" section. But your bulbs might be the least of your worries. If you fucked up the wiring there is a chance you blew an entire line or even damaged the actual electronics on the car which will be a very pricy mistake.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Not to be a dick but..... First rule of installing anything electrical in your car, you should always disconnect the ground from the battery.

I would go thru all the fuses, fusable links, relays (under dash/hood) to see if anything is blown and go from there.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
It’s a fuse NOTHING in that car runs straight power from the battery without a fuse. That’s the point of a fuse, in the event of a short circuit or power surge they’re meant to blow to protect the electric components. Double check all fuses. And as stated above^^ ALWAYS disconnect the battery when working with anything electrical on the car, it prevents messes like this. Look through the manual for all fuse locations
Sponsored