First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi All,

I am the father of a new driver who I recently purchased a 2017 Si for. He ABSOLUTELY loves it (so do i) - lol.

I want to get something for him for xmas and was thinking CAI.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to get that is a 'safe' tune? Dont want to void warranty, etc...

Looking to spend around 150-200

Thanks so much in advance!
Sponsored

chriser0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Not much to do with that budget. I would suggest PRL stage 1 drop in filter, or spend a bit mor on a 27Won intake. I prefer the 27won over the PRL Cobra due to ease of service, but the both run close to the 400 mark. As far as a "tune" no mater what you do (K tuner or nothing) you will take a chance of voiding the warranty.

OP
OP

gdflynn1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Not much to do with that budget. I would suggest PRL stage 1 drop in filter, or spend a bit mor on a 27Won intake. I prefer the 27won over the PRL Cobra due to ease of service, but the both run close to the 400 mark. As far as a "tune" no mater what you do (K tuner or nothing) you will take a chance of voiding the warranty.
Thanks. I will look at both of them. A CAI would void the warranty? Sorry, I know nothing about any of this. LOL

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I would just get him a PRL stage 1 intake with that budget.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup as stated above you'll need to spend a bit more for CAI

150-200 range I'd recommend..
-Type R OEM Shifter Assembly w/ Acuity Stage 2 Shift kit: $40+$228. Little pricier but will make his experience shifting much more enjoyable, very solid feeling and shorter throws.
-New Shift Knob
-Strut Bar
-Stage 1 Intake
-Radar Detector (my dad gave this to me as a gift years ago and I loved it)

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Might look for mostly cosmetic upgrades with that budget. New shift knob, steering wheel, side markers, custom floor mats, or perhaps even a strut bar would be nice.

OP
OP

gdflynn1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Keep 'em coming guys, this is great. And I am willing to increase the budget if it makes sense for sure.

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
take your pick of any of the Acuity shifter upgrades. solid base bushings, center spring and the short shift adapter have done wonders for my driving experience.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
An intake is nice, but it wouldn't be my first mod. If you aren't interested in tuning at this point, I'd say the best first mods are shifter upgrades as that's what you are always interacting with and can get a lot of enjoyment out of.

OP
OP

gdflynn1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Is the install on this hard?

LOVE the radar detector idea!

"Type R OEM Shifter Assembly w/ Acuity Stage 2 Shift kit: $40+$228. Little pricier but will make his experience shifting much more enjoyable, very solid feeling and shorter throws."

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Is the install on this hard?

LOVE the radar detector idea!

"Type R OEM Shifter Assembly w/ Acuity Stage 2 Shift kit: $40+$228. Little pricier but will make his experience shifting much more enjoyable, very solid feeling and shorter throws."
Acuity has good instructions. I'd give it a 2/5 on the difficulty scale. It's time consuming, but not what I would call tough. Biggest thing is to get a set of plastic interior pry tools so you don't damage any interior plastics. And don't drop any nuts/bolts/etc under the console as you might never get them back.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hi All,

I am the father of a new driver who I recently purchased a 2017 Si for. He ABSOLUTELY loves it (so do i) - lol.

I want to get something for him for xmas and was thinking CAI.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to get that is a 'safe' tune? Dont want to void warranty, etc...

Looking to spend around 150-200

Thanks so much in advance!
Lucky son!! within that price point i agree with everyone who recommended the Acuity products, they truly make daily driving much more enjoyable, and every shift will feel much more direct and solid. At Unity Performance, we offer a variety of Acuity products, and I recommend the shifter rocker upgrade, shifter cable bushing, and the centering spring! They work best in conjunction together. You can take a look at those products, as well as the other Acuity products we offer here: https://unity-performance.com/search?q=acuity

Within that price range i also recommend the Suma side mirrors, they are concave and they make daily driving incredibly easier, essentially removing the need to turn your head and check your blindspot. When driving on the highway, with these mirrors you can see 2-3 lanes out. The result of this isnt just making daily driving easier, but it also means hes more safe! You can find the Suma mirrors here: https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-si/products/wide-angle-side-mirrors

Another great product within that price range would be TuxMats, it will give the interior of your sons car a more luxurious feel, as well as protecting his car from salt stains in the winter! You can find them here: https://unity-performance.com/search?q=tuxmat

Let me know if you have any questions!

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the dealer can prove that said aftermarket part is causing the issue then it voids the warranty. If issues arise I advise going back to oem. I’d start with ktuner or hondata and then go for the aftermarket parts. Go back to stock tune if issues also arise and you’re bringing it back to dealer.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The chrome out kit, Type R (H)badges, and smoke sidemarkers
Sponsored