Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Acuity has good instructions. I'd give it a 2/5 on the difficulty scale. It's time consuming, but not what I would call tough. Biggest thing is to get a set of plastic interior pry tools so you don't damage any interior plastics. And don't drop any nuts/bolts/etc under the console as you might never get them back.
??+1 for this! Done it, not too difficult at all. Get Acuity’s interior tools they sell (not expensive at all), follow their very detailed instructions online and/or watch a YT video on how to remove some of the interior panels (Pawinning has a great POV video), go slow, be very careful about NOT dropping the base bushings down the carpet (tape can help), and have fun during the install! This is, by far, one of the best upgrades-for-cost we can do to the Si.

If you want more info, I also wrote about my install experience here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-stage-2-mishimoto-install.57677/#post-926804
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is the install on this hard?

LOVE the radar detector idea!

"Type R OEM Shifter Assembly w/ Acuity Stage 2 Shift kit: $40+$228. Little pricier but will make his experience shifting much more enjoyable, very solid feeling and shorter throws."
Radar detector is prob one of my favorite gifts, very useful day to day and hopefully will prevent him getting some tickets ;)

But yes as said, it's not terribly hard. I did it with a buddy and knocked it out in maybe an hour? It's just popping clips and unplugging some things, kind of hard to put the spring on but other than that it's not bad

OP
OP

gdflynn1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Ok, excuse my lack of knowledge, but what do the smoke side markers look like? Can someone share a link?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Interior/trunk lights! Get rid of that yellow color and go bright white.

Shift knob, chrome delete, tint, 3M, Type R "H" badges, led side markers (bonus if smoked or sequential), dealer sticker delete

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've spent over $5k in mods, but the majority of the stuff was under $300. Some of these have been covered in previous posts, but I'll give you a list anyway!:

- Flat bottom steering wheel (full leather or partial carbon fiber)
- 2020 CTR Shifter + Acuity FK8 Stage 2 (I've since upgraded to the full adjustable shifter, but this was nice for daily driving)
- Rear sway bar + Accord Sport end links (I have Progress 22.2mm, but there are similar alternatives)
- powered subwoofer (I have a 10" Cerwin Vega under my driver seat)
- Front Strut Tower Bar (I have the DC sports)
- LED Fog lights bulbs and Lamin-X Vinyl Overlay (I have Diode Dynamics SLF bulbs due their great yellow color and made in the USA!)
- Lloyds Ultimat Front Carpets (w/Civic Si embroidery. Buy on autoanything.com for 20% off)
- Front door speaker upgrades (I have the Alpine S-S65C since they come with both speaker and 1" silk dome tweeters)
- Acuity Throttle Pedal Spacer
- Weighted Leather Shift Knob (I'd recommend SuperKlasse or 27Won)
- LED/HID low beam upgrade (personally have Hikari Ultra H11 low beams)
- JL Audio C2-350x center speaker upgrade (this is the one to get)
- Acuity Shifter cable bushings (on the transmission side in the engine bay)
- Acuity SS Boot collar (makes switching out shift knobs less of a pain)
- Carbon Fiber Steering wheel trim
- Rear motor mount ( I have the Perrin inserts. Great for daily driving)
- Misc. LEDs (sidemarkers, brake light, reverse lights, interior, etc.)

If you're feeling especially generous and you want ideas for some bigger ticket items, here is my list of mods over $300:
- Ceramic Window Tint
- Acuity Full Shifter Assembly
- Ktuner v1.2/V2 w/ Phearable Stage 1.5 tune (or Hondata Flashpro)
- 27Won CAI (or PRL Cobra CAI)
- 27Won TIP
- Ktuned Lowering Springs
- OEM CTR Alcantara armrest (3 pc)

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Paint protection film is a fun DIY if you have the patience and is pretty reasonably priced as well as long as you don't go for full coverage.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can get the HFP red floor mats for $100. They look/feel a lot better than the stock ones.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Si - Xmas Ideas? IMG_5053 2

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
Hi All,

I am the father of a new driver who I recently purchased a 2017 Si for. He ABSOLUTELY loves it (so do i) - lol.

I want to get something for him for xmas and was thinking CAI.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to get that is a 'safe' tune? Dont want to void warranty, etc...

Looking to spend around 150-200

Thanks so much in advance!
what about taking that for a detail? Or voucher for one

protect your purchase & his ride lol

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I would be careful with cosmetic gifts because it can be subjective, unless you know what he would want.
ex: I personally don’t like the red type R badges for Si

I always like detailing stuff(wash, wax, etc) for smaller gifts.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi All,

I am the father of a new driver who I recently purchased a 2017 Si for. He ABSOLUTELY loves it (so do i) - lol.

I want to get something for him for xmas and was thinking CAI.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to get that is a 'safe' tune? Dont want to void warranty, etc...

Looking to spend around 150-200

Thanks so much in advance!
I would just spend the money and get the PRL Cobra cai, is the best one out there and it won't void any warranty, plus adds cool sounds!
Sponsored