Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
With apple car play the nav is in the phone, also means less off car msrp so I'm all for it.
Wife's 2017 Accord has both and I much prefer the built-in Nav. Now, if it had Waze or Google Maps, I am sure I'd feel differently. I have 2015 Si with Nav. and it sucks, except for the turn and distance info in the screen next to the speedo. I almost never use it (I use Waze exclusively), but wanted HD radio and SiriusXM so I got the Nav trim.

For 2017 Si, Nav would have been an option, like in years past. Thus, it wouldn't have affected the MSRP pricing of a non-Nav model.

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
What's really the point of a Build page when all you can do is to pick an exterior color and boring OEM accessories?
You have to look at it from the point of view of someone who knows nothing about this car. Even among those that do it's nice to know what the accessories will look like at-a-glance.

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
Just found this posted on a Seattle area dealer website... possible that some dealers may actually get inventory today?!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Si on sale tomorrow, Saturday May 13!  Starts at $23,900 Screenshot_20170513-104118

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Just found this posted on a Seattle area dealer website... possible that some dealers may actually get inventory today?!
Placeholder for all incoming cars I'm sure.

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
Yeah I did more digging on their site. They have the same looking listing for 2018 Odyssey vans too...

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I still think Honda is working on an automatic version of a high performing Civic. I read that they are working on releasing soon or already did a 10 speed automatic. Just going to take them time to make it a high performing and fun auto worthy of putting in a high performing Civic. Fingers crossed!
Possibly for an ASPEC ILX?

burntbisquit763

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si FG2 (daily) 1980 Toyota Corolla TE72 (project) 1989 Honda Accord (RIP) 1989 Toyota Supra 1jzgte swapped (sold) 1989 Ford Ranger (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly for an ASPEC ILX?
Acura needs to come back with manual transmissions as an option for their TLX and ILX! Their competitors all have one

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
The ilx does have a manual i think
Nah, not for 2017 at least. I don't think Acura offers any new cars with a manual.

From the Acura site: "All ILX models are equipped with the sophisticated 8-speed DCT transmission."

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I've heard that before, that the dealer will teach someone to drive manual if they think/know it'll net them a sale. My dealer is a really nice guy, i'm sure he'd be willing to teach me if it meant a future Si sale for him. Not sure HE knows how to drive manual though haha.

I've also always heard hondas are the best/easiest to learn on too. :) I've got time to learn, 2 more years on my EXT lease.
Our 2017 EXT Manual is very easy to drive...probably one of the easiest manuals I've ever driven. Stop and go traffic is no issue at all, and of course when you want to turn the car loose, it's that much more fun. Having the manual trans just brings the level of interaction and enjoyment up a notch.

To those who can't drive a manual, why not learn? It's pretty rewarding and a good skill to have, and on new cars like this 10th Gen Civic, it's not difficult. Much easier than learning how to snowboard, hacky sack, golf, etc.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
my dealer says two weeks 4 a white one...says there is no interest in the Si at all... they sold a TYPE R to a stiff from Cali 4 $5000 over MSRP....the Si is so LACKLUSTER....its gonna take a ton of cash to get this thang up to speed....the BRZ with performance package is so much better looking but the engine is so LAME....cheap a$$ Honda needs a performance version of the Si...not this Poor Man's STIVIC
Where do these people come from???

Ahhh... never mind.
Sponsored