ericscott21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone, i recently did a muffler delete on my si and i love it. my gas mileage had actually rose from about 29mpg to 31.5mpg all for city driving. not sure if it’s because of the release in back pressure or what but it definitely did. it also sounds great, and whether the car is hot or cold i get ALOT of crackles and pops after i let off the throttle. i definitely recommend this mod to anyone who likes to hear exhaust when they drive(the turbo spool is also a lot louder). tiny drone at about 2100 rpm but honestly it’s minimal. highway speeds, car is surprisingly quiet and you can have a conversation at a normal tone with ease. overall, it’s a great mod. good sound when you want it, quiet when you don’t.
Sponsored

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag

cwcaesar

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I did this a couple weeks ago. I get minor drone at 1700 RPM and at 3400 RPM. I do love this mod!!! I love the crackles and pops!

Did you keep the stock exhaust tip? I did for now, but I'm considering going with a burnt titanium tri-tip.

Trevor_Brown

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si / 2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve been wanting to pull the trigger on a muffler delete for my 18 Si. Did a hack job muffler delete on my 9th gen si and still sounded surprisingly good, wonder if anyone that has experienced both gens with muffler deletes that would care to chime in.

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I did this a couple weeks ago. I get minor drone at 1700 RPM and at 3400 RPM. I do love this mod!!! I love the crackles and pops!

Did you keep the stock exhaust tip? I did for now, but I'm considering going with a burnt titanium tri-tip.

Is there a company right now that offers a burnt tri-tip I wanted to go this route aswell.

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I’ve been wanting to pull the trigger on a muffler delete for my 18 Si. Did a hack job muffler delete on my 9th gen si and still sounded surprisingly good, wonder if anyone that has experienced both gens with muffler deletes that would care to chime in.

Im planning to just upgrade to the PRL front pipe / Catless downpipe and was hoping since the downpipe is cattless it would make it sound more aggressive but not obnoxious loud with too much drone. I wanna see if anyone has a cattless downpipe video vs muffler delete video to compare the sounds.

OP
OP
ericscott21

ericscott21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
do it! i’ve been waiting to do mine and i don’t regret it at all!

OP
OP
ericscott21

ericscott21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI coupe
Country flag

i’m going to soon get dual 3.5 inch exhaust tips with long barrels on them which will make the tone a little deeper and louder

GaryXgen19

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Hey guys I was thinking about having the muffler delete done. But just curious if the noise will cancel out the turbo spool noise. I would still like to hear a little woosh. But would probably still the the muffler delete done anyways. It’s too quiet for me. Help!! Thanks

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It doesn't drone it out. You can still hear it. You'll hear it more with a PRL Cobra CAI.

GaryXgen19

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Ok cool I am going with PRLs CAI in about a month or two anyways. Thanks!

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Please clarify ... When you say "muffler delete" there are TWO mufflers ... are we talking about leaving the two resonators and removing ONE muffler? Or are we talking about leaving both resonators and removing TWO mufflers? I have always found this confusing ... I doubt I am the only one! Thank you... I would def consider the combo of PRL CAI and muffler delete but in New York State I WONT PASS INSPECTION with no muffler what so ever.

ericwudi0830

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone, i recently did a muffler delete on my si and i love it. my gas mileage had actually rose from about 29mpg to 31.5mpg all for city driving. not sure if it’s because of the release in back pressure or what but it definitely did. it also sounds great, and whether the car is hot or cold i get ALOT of crackles and pops after i let off the throttle. i definitely recommend this mod to anyone who likes to hear exhaust when they drive(the turbo spool is also a lot louder). tiny drone at about 2100 rpm but honestly it’s minimal. highway speeds, car is surprisingly quiet and you can have a conversation at a normal tone with ease. overall, it’s a great mod. good sound when you want it, quiet when you don’t.
Thinking of doing this very soon!
Sponsored