2017 Civic Si Muffler Delete

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
Did the same on my 18 Si Sedan, love it! Hardly any drone, crackles and pops and I can still hear the turbo spool and the @PRL Motorsports CAI

Definitely recommend for a cheap mod. Local muffler shop charged me $45.00
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please clarify ... When you say "muffler delete" there are TWO mufflers ... are we talking about leaving the two resonators and removing ONE muffler? Or are we talking about leaving both resonators and removing TWO mufflers? I have always found this confusing ... I doubt I am the only one! Thank you... I would def consider the combo of PRL CAI and muffler delete but in New York State I WONT PASS INSPECTION with no muffler what so ever.
I removed BOTH mufflers in the rear on the right and left. I left the resonator untouched.

cwcaesar

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Please clarify ... When you say "muffler delete" there are TWO mufflers ... are we talking about leaving the two resonators and removing ONE muffler? Or are we talking about leaving both resonators and removing TWO mufflers? I have always found this confusing ... I doubt I am the only one! Thank you... I would def consider the combo of PRL CAI and muffler delete but in New York State I WONT PASS INSPECTION with no muffler what so ever.
There is ONE Resonator and TWO Mufflers. I had the TWO Mufflers removed, but left the resonator in place. I also don't have vehicle inspections where I live. The car was too quiet with the mufflers installed. I can now hear the exhaust without it being annoying. And, it's really only 'loud' when you get on it. I drove my wife around for days and she couldn't tell anything was different (and she hates loud cars). She only figured it out when she saw the mufflers sitting in the corner of the garage. It is just loud enough now, and I love the crackle and pop sounds!

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im planning to just upgrade to the PRL front pipe / Catless downpipe and was hoping since the downpipe is cattless it would make it sound more aggressive but not obnoxious loud with too much drone. I wanna see if anyone has a cattless downpipe video vs muffler delete video to compare the sounds.
There was another Si with muffler delete and downpipe that pulled up beside me. It sounded pretty good but the guy said that at highway speeds it would be annoying. He was getting an catback done next. He recommended that if I just want the pops and crackles get just the delete with downpipe it sounds like a pop can civic.

The Fiat Abarth with no factory mufflers is the sound that is just right IMO

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
There are definitely two mufflers but 2 resonators? There's only one.

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
There was another Si with muffler delete and downpipe that pulled up beside me. It sounded pretty good but the guy said that at highway speeds it would be annoying. He was getting an catback done next. He recommended that if I just want the pops and crackles get just the delete with downpipe it sounds like a pop can civic.

The Fiat Abarth with no factory mufflers is the sound that is just right IMO
Agreed they sound very nice, they sound very similar to SRT-4 actually just not as loud obviously.
Sponsored