2017 Civic Si Meth injection setup

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The Tear down of my blown motor showed that the manifold does a poor job of distribution. Cylinder 4 gets more juice and it goes progressively less as you get to Cylinder 1.
For a small nozzle and 50/50 mix, it's not really an issue. But for me running a size 5 and 99% it didn't go so well.
Did you have measurable gains from going to 99% from 50/50? Everything I read said the gains were negligible if they exist at all. Plus 99% meth is a huge fire hazard.
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
the poison works ! i knew it ! get in touch with @Two Step Performance he knows what you need :)
msg anytime if you need anything. got ya covered.
Haha it did. I already have a good connection with Corey at TSP! And thanks!

I just need the nozzles and the U bend 4 port kit. Already have all the cortex gear from when I ran meth last.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Did you have measurable gains from going to 99% from 50/50? Everything I read said the gains were negligible if they exist at all. Plus 99% meth is a huge fire hazard.
Definitely 50/50. I ran 99% because I was using it as a fuel Ceiling booster. Which was kinda bad becuase if it ever went wrong, I'd go super lean. And ya 99% is kinda a fire Hazzard. I had an extinguisher in the car lmfao

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Haha it did. I already have a good connection with Corey at TSP! And thanks!

I just need the nozzles and the U bend 4 port kit. Already have all the cortex gear from when I ran meth last.
we know haha. get it , some of my parts should be arriving too but most likely you will be ahead of me. i am currently limited to travel out of home due to partial lockdown here in my country but working behind the scene doing what i can do at home.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
we know haha. get it , some of my parts should be arriving too but most likely you will be ahead of me. i am currently limited to travel out of home due to partial lockdown here in my country but working behind the scene doing what i can do at home.
Probably ordering the other stuff I a week or two.
Ya we're not in any real lockdown rn. And Maine has one of the lesser restrictions. I've gotten the vaccine already, since I work as a tech at a hospital.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
That would be a ok kit to run. And @CAPTS is correct. Start with a 3. Listen to your tuners recommendations.
I think there was some miscommunication. Nitrous express's chart showed a recommended size 8 lol. I messaged derek and he said that was fine. Now you guys are saying start at a size 3. Do we think a full bolt on rv6 upgraded turbo car probably pushing 310whp can handle the kit I mentioned with a size 3. Sorry if someone kind of answered that I didn't see it anywhere. I am on the fence but I really want to do this. It's either this or buy a project car with a k24 and I would really rather see my new and nice daily make closer to the 400whp im looking for. I know the upgrade will probably put me at the limit of what is safe and reliable. Im hoping the answer is it should be reliable and fine to do the meth kit, tune it and leave it at that.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I think there was some miscommunication. Nitrous express's chart showed a recommended size 8 lol. I messaged derek and he said that was fine. Now you guys are saying start at a size 3. Do we think a full bolt on rv6 upgraded turbo car probably pushing 310whp can handle the kit I mentioned with a size 3. Sorry if someone kind of answered that I didn't see it anywhere. I am on the fence but I really want to do this. It's either this or buy a project car with a k24 and I would really rather see my new and nice daily make closer to the 400whp im looking for. I know the upgrade will probably put me at the limit of what is safe and reliable. Im hoping the answer is it should be reliable and fine to do the meth kit, tune it and leave it at that.
Bad boy Derek xD

You may need to run a larger size if you want 400hp out of the stock fuel system. If your going higher then a 5, 375ml, I'd run multiple nozzles. Could run 1 in a TB spacer and another in the post intercooler charge pipe.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Do you guys think my setup would be safe and sustainable? I cant really get a straight answer as I know there really isnt a straight answer. But even a yes it most likely should as long as you dont go crazy would suffice. I just want a bit more info from people running this to help make my decision. I would probably just run the size 3 small nozzle size with the one nozzle.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Anybody have anymore input about running meth in our cars. I was about to pull the trigger on e85 but honestly where I live it is really not realistic. Compared to boost juice that I can get delivered for free on the cheap.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Run a snow size 3-4, use 50/50. Get tuned. And you're good.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
largest from snow is size 6 if 'm not mistaken.
mind to share the link of the chart you mentioned ?
size 3 should be just nice (std kit comes with 3 & 5) to start off for your desired setup & you can try larger sizes anytime.
anything more than 350 WHP you could be already running out of gas.
400WHP on this engine is not easy to reach to make it as a DD & you will need a much larger turbo + flex or WMI or race gas.

it is not just a PnP there are many options/setups available on how you want to set it up, i'd say start with a small standard nozzle with RV6 Turbo + bolt-ons then go from there but before you proceed further best is to build your engine 1st.
Sponsored

Last edited: