amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Yaaa i ended up single as of 3 weeks ago ? so now its bitches and race fuel.

I once had prl send me a part labeled as an air filter. And they did it! Lol
I've been married so long, when my wife puts her hand on my shoulder I automatically say "didn't we just have sex last week?" I wouldn't know what to do with single life. I suppose I could become a sugar daddy, but honestly, she aint gonna get that much sugar out of me :cool:

My wife is kind of a self proclaimed protector of our finances. That's actually a very good thing, but not so good if you want to mod your car. So I have to find creative ways around it, like creating father and son projects (which involve modding the car!!), building inventory slowly and strategically making it look like these boxes have been sitting in the garage for awhile. And also God bless Affirm. Makes it easy to bypass the credit cards with easy monthly payments!
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@kshawn here's one of those "father & son" projects when we installed an F-Sport rear brace LOL

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Si Meth injection setup 1611770887767

He's pretty handy with helping me in installing mods, that and it became a wife approved activity!

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
So are we in agreement that meth can be done safely on our internals if done right? I'll be honest I completely don't understand this cortex thing or most of running a meth setup. I literally need someone to tell me exactly which kit to buy with any extras that might be needed and how to install and where to put anything if possible. I'm talking to d Rob but he's obviously a very busy person and I have a lot of questions and not much experience when it comes to this.

Does it seem like my plan with the snow performance 2.5 kit that comes with a bigger 2.5 gallon tank mounting brackets and an upgraded solenoid running a size 5 nozzle and having d-rob tune it is a good way to go?

I see so much potential running meth and being a PC builder myself I think it's finally like liquid cooling for a car which is amazing. Honestly I'm just very terrified of this it's probably a bad idea because I can't afford any problems right now but building my car is what is keeping me sane at the moment. Honestly I really appreciate everybody's input you guys are awesome. @kshawn do you think it's safe to run meth or was that just a bad idea you would never do again? I'm on completely stock internals too by the way

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So are we in agreement that meth can be done safely on our internals if done right? I'll be honest I completely don't understand this cortex thing or most of running a meth setup. I literally need someone to tell me exactly which kit to buy with any extras that might be needed and how to install and where to put anything if possible. I'm talking to d Rob but he's obviously a very busy person and I have a lot of questions and not much experience when it comes to this.

Does it seem like my plan with the snow performance 2.5 kit that comes with a bigger 2.5 gallon tank mounting brackets and an upgraded solenoid running a size 5 nozzle and having d-rob tune it is a good way to go?

I see so much potential running meth and being a PC builder myself I think it's finally like liquid cooling for a car which is amazing. Honestly I'm just very terrified of this it's probably a bad idea because I can't afford any problems right now but building my car is what is keeping me sane at the moment. Honestly I really appreciate everybody's input you guys are awesome. @kshawn do you think it's safe to run meth or was that just a bad idea you would never do again? I'm on completely stock internals too by the way
I think @kshawn is going back to meth injection, if I understood him. If implemented correctly it should be safe. His previously blown engine was due to lots of factors, that's why you should if you haven't already go through his thread. There are many people on this forum who are safely pushing near or just around the 300 whp range on stock internals, so that can be done safely as well

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
@amirza786 is correct. It can be done safely. If your worried about reliability a size 4 may be better for you.

Go through my thread lots of info there. Just search by my name and you should be able to find it.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

size 5 too big, start with 3 assuming you;re still on stock turbo that will suffice.
sometimes big does not mean better.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nitromethane is different from methanol but this is still funny af :lol:

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Im actually on the RV6 upgraded turbo .. Im assuming the size 4 recommendation would probably work then? And again what else should I get besides this kit

https://www.nitrousexpress.com/Stag...-Temp-Nylon-Tubing-Quick-Connect-Fittings.asp

I know we we're talking about a coretex something or other. Are there enough fail safes with this kit or is that what the cortex thing is ?
size 5 too big, start with 3 assuming you;re still on stock turbo that will suffice.
sometimes big does not mean better.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Im actually on the RV6 upgraded turbo .. Im assuming the size 4 recommendation would probably work then? And again what else should I get besides this kit

https://www.nitrousexpress.com/Stag...-Temp-Nylon-Tubing-Quick-Connect-Fittings.asp

I know we we're talking about a coretex something or other. Are there enough fail safes with this kit or is that what the cortex thing is ?
That would be a ok kit to run. And @CAPTS is correct. Start with a 3. Listen to your tuners recommendations.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
The Tear down of my blown motor showed that the manifold does a poor job of distribution. Cylinder 4 gets more juice and it goes progressively less as you get to Cylinder 1.
For a small nozzle and 50/50 mix, it's not really an issue. But for me running a size 5 and 99% it didn't go so well.
Sponsored