2017 civic si break shims

britney12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
i bought a brand new 2017 civic si, when i make left turns it makes a screeching noise, it's still under warranty. i have taken it back to honda twice. they said it was a break shim that it keeps rotating with the rotors or something like that... When they fix it it lasts about a month til the noise comes back, took it back to honda again a month later same problem... they fixed it AGAIN, now a month later the noise is back AGAIN! really annoying have to keep taking my car back to get this thing fixed... has anyone else have any problems like this???
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
i bought a brand new 2017 civic si, when i make left turns it makes a screeching noise, it's still under warranty. i have taken it back to honda twice. they said it was a break shim that it keeps rotating with the rotors or something like that... When they fix it it lasts about a month til the noise comes back, took it back to honda again a month later same problem... they fixed it AGAIN, now a month later the noise is back AGAIN! really annoying have to keep taking my car back to get this thing fixed... has anyone else have any problems like this???
With the "Break Shims" or with their "Dealers" ??? :dunno:

No, so far -- Touch PLASTIC, no "Break Shim" issues with my Si

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
No, "Break Shim" issues with our two Civic LS ( 2106- 2018 ) in the family.
Sponsored