2017 Civic Si A/C

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
I already replaced the a/c condenser on my own with a non OEM part. Would they still cover it (I wasn't aware of this at the time)
Sponsored

Beholder84

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I already replaced the a/c condenser on my own with a non OEM part. Would they still cover it (I wasn't aware of this at the time)
The notice says they'll reimburse you if you already did the repair. Not sure what's required, like the receipt for the work.

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yup, even if you paid to have it replaced they still have to reimburse you at the very least. you may have to show them you OE condenser that is broken. I am not sure. but either way go and see!

OP
OP
First Name
Edwardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone!

I have a few comments/concerns about my ac. I’m trying to figure this out as to why my car does this.

1. When it’s really hot outside my car blows cold air but not enough of it. It generally gets a little warmer inside the car than usual. It’s fully charged too.

2. The other day I was driving to nyc from PA & after I got in the city my car started to sound like an airplane inside & was barely blowing any air at all. The little air that it blew out was cold though.

3. A few weeks ago I drove to Virginia & my ac started spitting ice back at me through the vents

Anyone know what could be causing these issues? Any help would be great

I attached a video of my car sounding like an airplane lol
So I finally went to the dealer & turns out I only needed an ac evacuate & reset. My line wasn’t properly connected to my compressor. That brought a bunch of dirt inside the ac lines so now that it’s all clean the ac is blowing super cold! Thank you everyone for the recommendations

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
there's actually an extended warranty on the AC condenser for the 2016-2021 civic something crazy like 10 years and unlimited mileage from the original purchase date whether you are the original owner or not. some of our cars develop "corrosion in the form of tiny holes in the condenser tube walls that allow the refrigerant to leak out" Good news is they have to inspect and replace it for a brand new unit for FREE, yes FREE. I just got the notice in the mail last week. my AC is working fine after 3.5 years and 55k miles but it does sound kinda loud sometimes. either way, call up your local dealer and make them fix that thing!
Yep...my Si has had one replaced, and the wife's EX-L had it done twice... Funny thing is...they're still using the same parts. You'd think it would be more economical for Honda to just fix it RIGHT, than to keep on replacing...
Sponsored