2017 Civic Sedan rear LEDs

Grizzly847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Hi guys, I have read the forum extensively on this issue and I see conflicting content regarding resisters being required and such. I have the 2017 Canadian Sport Touring edition of the Civic Sedan. I would like to swap out the rear signal bulbs, reverse lights, and third brake lights to all LEDs as several of you have already done. I do not want error codes or flickering signal lights. The lights also must be bright enough for daytime safety and color temperature matched to the existing LED brake lights. Can someone with wisdom guide me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance. Cheers!
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Hi guys, I have read the forum extensively on this issue and I see conflicting content regarding resisters being required and such. I have the 2017 Canadian Sport Touring edition of the Civic Sedan. I would like to swap out the rear signal bulbs, reverse lights, and third brake lights to all LEDs as several of you have already done. I do not want error codes or flickering signal lights. The lights also must be bright enough for daytime safety and color temperature matched to the existing LED brake lights. Can someone with wisdom guide me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance. Cheers!
First of all as a formality there is not a Sport Touring sedan, just the Touring but that's beside the point.

You can get some Phillips 7440 Vision Red LEDs for the brakelights which seemed to have worked well. You can get the Phillips 921 Vision for the reverse lamps too. Don't bother with Turn signals because no bulb I've seen uses the reflector properly and since one of your priorities is 'bright enough for daytime safety', I wouldn't bother with Turn signal rears. I haven't been able to fit the 7440 Vision bulbs in the turn signal socket and even if I did, you'd need resistors to avoid hyperflashing and it's red. I want amber. The 3rd brakelight you can replace with the LED assembly from the 06-14 Civic Hybrid, or the assembly from the 07-11 Coupe EX+. The Hybrids have a clear lens and the Coupe has a red lens as seen in the pictures. They are quite expensive however. If you notice really carefully, you can see that the principle housing for the 3rd incandescent brakelight in our sedans has been used since the 2002 Civic and Accord.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Sedan rear LEDs download Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Sedan rear LEDs s-l300

OP
OP

Grizzly847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
First of all as a formality there is not a Sport Touring sedan, just the Touring but that's beside the point.

You can get some Phillips 7440 Vision Red LEDs for the brakelights which seemed to have worked well. You can get the Phillips 921 Vision for the reverse lamps too. Don't bother with Turn signals because no bulb I've seen uses the reflector properly and since one of your priorities is 'bright enough for daytime safety', I wouldn't bother with Turn signal rears. I haven't been able to fit the 7440 Vision bulbs in the turn signal socket and even if I did, you'd need resistors to avoid hyperflashing and it's red. I want amber. The 3rd brakelight you can replace with the LED assembly from the 06-14 Civic Hybrid, or the assembly from the 07-11 Coupe EX+. The Hybrids have a clear lens and the Coupe has a red lens as seen in the pictures. They are quite expensive however. If you notice really carefully, you can see that the principle housing for the 3rd incandescent brakelight in our sedans has been used since the 2002 Civic and Accord.

download.jpg s-l300.jpg
I appreciate you time.

download.jpg s-l300.jpg
Hey thanks for your time. I really appreciate the clarity. That helps a lot. I wanted a Sport Touring Hatch. Wife wanted the Touring Sedan. She has voluntary influence over me. Guess my sleep deprived subconscious caused my error. All good. Once again. Cheers.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I appreciate you time.

Hey thanks for your time. I really appreciate the clarity. That helps a lot. I wanted a Sport Touring Hatch. Wife wanted the Touring Sedan. She has voluntary influence over me. Guess my sleep deprived subconscious caused my error. All good. Once again. Cheers.
It's not a bad choice. I think the rear end of the sedan is actually proportionate relative to the front of the car whereas in the hatch it looks cut off in terms of the length. With that said, they're also built in Canada so they're easier to get a hold of or to get discounts.

OP
OP

Grizzly847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
It's not a bad choice. I think the rear end of the sedan is actually proportionate relative to the front of the car whereas in the hatch it looks cut off in terms of the length. With that said, they're also built in Canada so they're easier to get a hold of or to get discounts.
Yes the deal was the winning factor. I'm enjoying the ride.
Sponsored