2017 Civic Sedan Production Factory Plant - Video

olivenoire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ep3 turboed
In fact this video is really interesting. Everything seems lean. Everything useless was removed.
For sure quality is not the most important thing in this company but we pay for reliability, simple things and nothing else.
I'n ok with Hondapro, it will no more be ok in 2020 because standards rise of other brands. I mean coreans auto makers
for exemple
Mission completed.
Sponsored

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Very very cool. I am thankful for my job though. Also, weird, but to me, where this car has seen some issues, do the people not putting that part on, not look lazy or not care for they're work?
I know it's been awhile since you posted on this but since I've traded my civic in I don't get on here very often. I'm just wondering what do you mean where this car has seen some issues? Yes some people care about their job more than others but that happens in every work environment. Also associates look lazy while doing their jobs because they're very good at what they do, it really doesn't take much effort to do your job once you've done it hundreds if not thousands of times.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's been awhile since you posted on this but since I've traded my civic in I don't get on here very often. I'm just wondering what do you mean where this car has seen some issues? Yes some people care about their job more than others but that happens in every work environment. Also associates look lazy while doing their jobs because they're very good at what they do, it really doesn't take much effort to do your job once you've done it hundreds if not thousands of times.
I won't comment on the lazy part. And yes, the 16's had a few issues like usually refresh models do. Mine was number 2600ish built a month into production and I have had some fairly big issues, fixed by my dealer so at the moment I have no reason to complain. Other than the startup grind that worrys me, I feel good about the car now.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
I won't comment on the lazy part. And yes, the 16's had a few issues like usually refresh models do. Mine was number 2600ish built a month into production and I have had some fairly big issues, fixed by my dealer so at the moment I have no reason to complain. Other than the startup grind that worrys me, I feel good about the car now.
I was just curious, I work in the east liberty plant so I know a little bit about working in a plant like this. I was the second person to buy a civic listed on this website and I didn't have any problems that a line worker would have caused mainly things to do with the head unit. The only thing I ever saw in that a line worked would be directly held responsible for was a door panel being the wrong color. Which should've have been caught during the inspection of the car.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I was just curious, I work in the east liberty plant so I know a little bit about working in a plant like this. I was the second person to buy a civic listed on this website and I didn't have any problems that a line worker would have caused mainly things to do with the head unit. The only thing I ever saw in that a line worked would be directly held responsible for was a door panel being the wrong color. Which should've have been caught during the inspection of the car.
Hahaha someone on here had a wrong rear door panel a few months back lol. I just really dislike the painting process and how my car has 3 big fish eyes in it and a mis aligned rear door, defective infotainment screen, start up grind, side air bag pillar squeaks.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Hahaha someone on here had a wrong rear door panel a few months back lol. I just really dislike the painting process and how my car has 3 big fish eyes in it and a mis aligned rear door, defective infotainment screen, start up grind, side air bag pillar squeaks.
Go and look at other companies cars I guarantee you they will have those paint issues it all has to do with EPA requirements for paints all companies have to follow it. The door must have passed criteria for allignment there's a group that fix that if it is misaligned.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Go and look at other companies cars I guarantee you they will have those paint issues it all has to do with EPA requirements for paints all companies have to follow it. The door must have passed criteria for allignment there's a group that fix that if it is misaligned.
Well they were built better back in 2000. Still can't compare to the quality that car was from the factory. None of this bs. It's sad that Honda lets you people pass cars with improper build quality.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Well they were built better back in 2000. Still can't compare to the quality that car was from the factory. None of this bs. It's sad that Honda lets you people pass cars with improper build quality.
I pass nothing I put on tires on lol you're talking to the wrong guy if you think I can do anything about it. If you don't mind me asking how is the door misaligned does it not shut properly or what?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I pass nothing I put on tires on lol you're talking to the wrong guy if you think I can do anything about it. If you don't mind me asking how is the door misaligned does it not shut properly or what?
I know nothing we say matters. Just rattling that they let it go on. The back side of my rear door is raised up too high. Quarter inch too high on the back half.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Sedan Production Factory Plant - Video IMG_0468.JPG

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
I know nothing we say matters. Just rattling that they let it go on. The back side of my rear door is raised up too high. Quarter inch too high on the back half.
IMG_0468.JPG
I believe that is by design I just looked at another civic in the parking lot and it's like that and my CRV is like that

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that is by design I just looked at another civic in the parking lot and it's like that and my CRV is like that
The other side is perfect. You are starting to sound like my service manager..

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
The other side is perfect. You are starting to sound like my service manager..
I'm just telling you what I know. If you think that this is just a Honda problem you need to go look at other companies I guarantee that every company has fittment/allignment problems. To me your car looks fine though it is not out of the norm. I'll talk to my dad (he worked in the area the adjust door fittment) and see if he knows why the cars have the raised doors like that. I remember him talking about it when I bought my civic.

Threemaples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe
You'd think after hearing that Ricky dink horn at the end of the line countless times they would change it. ;>). Cool video....thanks
Sponsored