Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Very very cool. I am thankful for my job though. Also, weird, but to me, where this car has seen some issues, do the people not putting that part on, not look lazy or not care for they're work?

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because they are not paying as many humans as they used to. Robots.
Most robots are a good thing in my opinion. Remember, people still have to program and maintain those robots, they aren't stealing everybody's jobs.

I'm very surprised at the lack of moving floors. Constantly having to walk while working above your head would suck.

Last edited:

tychay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2000
Country flag
I'm very surprised at the lack of moving floors. Constantly having to walk while working above your head would suck.
It's interesting to compare this video to the Hatchback one (albeit that one is slow mo). Things like you mention and more are evidence of the recent $300 million investment in the Swindon UK plant.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'm going to try to make a connection with someone at the Swindon plant so I can see inside there in March!

Hockeyman61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic , 2010 Honda Accord, 2005 Honda Accord Coupe, 2004 Buick PArk Ave Ultra
Cool Video...but its out of chronological order.... But I liked it anyway

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow so much different then the hatchback video.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The painting booth was the most interesting. Does the paint dry almost instantly? I noticed the inspector was touching the car without gloves, and was standing near the paint booth exit without a mask.

I remember seeing a similar film when I was a kid from Ford and the paint booth was followed by an infrared booth to bake the paint. The frame (pre-unibody) was actually dunked into a vat of paint and then allowed to drip before baking.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
The painting booth was the most interesting. Does the paint dry almost instantly? I noticed the inspector was touching the car without gloves, and was standing near the paint booth exit without a mask.

I remember seeing a similar film when I was a kid from Ford and the paint booth was followed by an infrared booth to bake the paint. The frame (pre-unibody) was actually dunked into a vat of paint and then allowed to drip before baking.
Ya I'm not impressed on how they leave the paint.. now I understand why I have 3 dried pieces on dirt under my clear coat that look like hairs. SMH, fail in my eyes actually.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think honda has room to improve.. year 3-4 of every model seem to be when things tighten up and the intended vision becomes reality. 2020 will be a good year to own a Honda. Sensing should be standard. Interior quality better and extra tech. Maybe internal wifi or larger sunroof. I think its about time auto glass tints with sunlight like optional Eyewear. I hope Honda thickens up the Civic hood. Thats still bothers me a little.. standard all Led lighting.
Sponsored

Last edited: