Vtecdreams

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx sedan
Country flag
Hey guys I have a 2017 civic sedan LX and i recently had to change my battery. I have a DC sport front strut bar and as you all know to get to the battery you have to remove the Strut bar. Once I removed the battery i had to move my car up slightly up the drive way. I moved the car before reinstalling the strut bolts. After putting everything back together Im starting to notice that the front end feels loose and bouncy so to speak and I feel every bump and pot hole compared to before changing my battery. Could I have caused some misalignment when I moved the car with out reinstalling the front strut bolts ? I'm taking the car this week to get an alignment to see it that will help. The car does not pull to either side when driving. Not sure what else to do. Any advice is much appreciated
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
If you have anything aftermarket in the suspension; I'd look at that. But, so far as I know, the move that you described wouldn't affect a stock suspension.

If it possible that the ECU reset during the battery change? That might account for a different feel with throttle response and stuff as the ECU 're-learns'.

OP
OP
Vtecdreams

Vtecdreams

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx sedan
Country flag
Hey thanks for the reply as for front suspension mods all I have are lowering springs the strut bar and the Whiteline Anti lift kit. That's about it really.
I still yet to do an alignment after getting the Anti lift kit installed. Someone mentioned I should try and reset the power steering system but I have no lights on my dash
Sponsored