2017 Civic Sedan EX-L 1.5T ticking noise at high speed 65+mph

aainediai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sedan ex-l
Country flag
2017 Civic Sedan EX-L 1.5T ticking noise at high speed

I just got the car a few weeks ago. My car has about 180 miles. I just noticed every time i go above 65mph, i hear ticking noise from inside of my car. once it slows down to 60mph or below, the ticking goes away slowly but when i accelerate back to 65+mph and above, ticking sounds gets louder. Any idea? recall? warranty?
Sponsored

OP
OP

aainediai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sedan ex-l
Country flag

I just got the car a few weeks ago. My car has about 180 miles. I just noticed every time i go above 65mph, i hear ticking noise from inside of my car. once it slows down to 60mph or below, the ticking goes away slowly but when i accelerate back to 65+mph and above, ticking sounds gets louder. Any idea? recall? warranty?
i just uploaded a video

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a new one for me. Bump.

Edit: after letting this bug me enough, you know what it sounds like is a relay opening and closing over and over. Why this would be tied to speed I have no idea.

Last edited:

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
That's a new one for me. Bump.

Edit: after letting this bug me enough, you know what it sounds like is a relay opening and closing over and over. Why this would be tied to speed I have no idea.
Ur sure theres nothing just vibrating? I.e. bootle of water, stuff in armrest? Glove box?

MoarButtery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I just brought my Touring Coupe in last week for the same noise. The guy who runs the service center at my dealership says the noise is coming from a baffle that's used to regulate air pressure in the car. They told me that there is no actual fix per Honda Engineering and that this thing is working normal. There is, however, a work-around. All you have to do is turn the vent/heat/AC on. They said that the blower-motor equalizes the pressure and the rattling stops. I've tested it and it totally works

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Ran into the same issue 2017 civic. Roughly 60+ ticking increases can’t figure it out for the life of me. Was anyone able to ever find the cause?

Da5hi30i2d

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic ex hatchback hpf edition
Country flag
Ran into the same issue 2017 civic. Roughly 60+ ticking increases can’t figure it out for the life of me. Was anyone able to ever find the cause?
You have aftermarket mud flaps?

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You have aftermarket mud flaps?
Nope. No guards at all. I took the door panel off. Can’t find anything. Took the pillar next to the windshield off. Took out the glove box. So weird and frustrating

Da5hi30i2d

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic ex hatchback hpf edition
Country flag
Nope. No guards at all. I took the door panel off. Can’t find anything. Took the pillar next to the windshield off. Took out the glove box. So weird and frustrating
Check your tire tread? Maybe a rock squeezed in there ?

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was able to record the noise on the highway. Due to road noise a bit difficult to hear but when I put my ear close to the speaker it's clearly there. Is it possible that this is a bearing?

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The noise is now happening at even lower speeds. Any thoughts?

imranzmoton

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Country flag
aainediai
Did you ever figured out the source of ticking noise. I have a very similar condition in 2015 Accord. At 65 it comes and dies out around 45. Driving everyone crazy. We think it might be one of the relays but Honda didn't label the three relays in 2015 Accord fuse box in driver compartment.
Sponsored