2017 Civic Lx-p steering is stiff and jerky. swerves at highway speeds.

Steven1935

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX-P
Country flag
For the past couple months my car (23600 miles) has been really difficult to stay straight on highways. I got my tires rotated and balanced and had an alignment done from a 3rd party shop that is very reputable. that was a week ago. it has gotten better but not by much. my concern as im doing research is that its the eps and the whole steering rack needs to be replaced. my steering wheel is also kinda crooked trying to go straight. but there is no consistency driving especially at higher speeds. I look like a drunk driver on the road. its becoming a safety concern. I also read that the stock tires (Firestone DT140s) are hot garbage and burn out quick. I ordered continentals to replace those. Im wondering if its a combination of the torque angle sensor and the wheels thats causing all this drifting. this is my first honda. I drove a 08 cobalt ls coupe and i miss that compared to right now. I'm under warranty but apparently it takes a while to diagnose the problem and to have the part ordered and replaced. time isnt a factor for me right now. I am just wondering whats the most efficient way to go about this. Should I call the dealership and then the honda line to open the case?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
If I were a betting man; I'd guess that this is suspension issue. But there was a limited recall for some loose magnet issue with the EPS in Civics and CRVs.

That would scare me too much to just live with it. I say let Honda sort it out.

Good luck.