2017 Civic Hatchback vs 2017 Accord

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Hope the subaru goes another 3-5 years at which point maybe I can get the civic then.
At the rate they're going, the Accord might be the last manual transmission you buy (at least without a TypeR badge attached to it).
Sponsored

spock_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Yeah I know. I really only considered manuals as I love driving them and do not live in a heavy urban area so the manual makes even a family sedan a pleasure to drive (to me). The Japanese transmission/shifter they use in the accord seems much better quality. The subaru 5MT feels a bit like driving a truck after the accord! But you are right going forward only honda, mazda and vw seems to still be producing manuals. One reason I decided to do the 2017 accord 6MT is my own hunch that Honda will phase out the 2.4NA sooner than later--which I assume also means the end of that smooth shifting Japanese transmission.
At the rate they're going, the Accord might be the last manual transmission you buy (at least without a TypeR badge attached to it).

RickeyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Get the Accord... After 1 year with a 2016 Civic Touring, I am personally disappointed with some of its features... I am not sure if Honda has progressed technically or are still playing catchup in the tech department... IE.. It advertises itself as the top compact selling car in Canada, fair enough, Its Canada.. So why does all the defrost feature come on with remote start in cold weather EXCEPT heated seats.... During remote start, there is an agonizing and SILENT start sequence... You will never find it in parking lot by sound ... Rear view camera is always dirty ... The start button, during remote start, is white... Like the dash lights... If you don't push it to formally start the vehicle, it shuts down... If you do, it turns an annoying red and stays red for the duration of the trip... As if to say, If you need to shut me off your cruising down the highway, here I am... Rediculous... Its should start red and when you push it, blend in with the dash... There is NO USB port on the back of the centre console... Heated seat switches but NO USB charge port, there is one however, directly under you drink holder - DUH - ... inexcusable... The subwoofer rattles and the they installed a 98 dollar spec tablet...

Its Very Easy on gas, looks sharp, and has good power.... I Like the Car but can never love it..
Sponsored