2017 Civic Hatchback (US market) spy pics

JustChexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevy Malibu
It seems like the large fake vents and all that black plastic are pretty universally disliked. I wonder who at Honda signed off on this particular component of the design? (Didn't someone at a meeting speak up and suggest they dial the over-designed bumper back a notch?)
Sponsored

Last edited:

OKMrazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Accord LX V6
Hi guys,
New the this forum, have been watching for quite a while since the 10th gen Civics's came out. Really looking forward to seeing the new 2017 Hatchback models. Have been following the thread on the pics of them on transports in England being moved to shipping docks. I did a search on the Orion Highway, a vehicle transport ship (one pic showing a Civic on the ramp) Showed it was in Baltimore,MD. on 8-8. If you go here is some info on the ship and position etc.
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/ORION-HIGHWAY-IMO-9728071-MMSI-374678000
Hope we'll see the hatchbacks in dealerships soon.
Bravo!

civicXwhy?Z1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra
Hi guys,
New the this forum, have been watching for quite a while since the 10th gen Civics's came out. Really looking forward to seeing the new 2017 Hatchback models. Have been following the thread on the pics of them on transports in England being moved to shipping docks. I did a search on the Orion Highway, a vehicle transport ship (one pic showing a Civic on the ramp) Showed it was in Baltimore,MD. on 8-8. If you go here is some info on the ship and position etc.
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/ORION-HIGHWAY-IMO-9728071-MMSI-374678000
Hope we'll see the hatchbacks in dealerships soon.
Well, using your very helpful tracking information, we find that tonight (9:00 p.m. CDT) the Orion Highway is "parked" at a MASSIVE vehicle loading/unloading/holding facility due west of Brunswick, GA. Using googlemaps, you can discern many fascinating details about this area, leading me to surmise that the first Civic hatchbacks have arrived at their east coast port location.

civicXwhy?Z1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know the extra cost for destination? Imported cost may be $1000- $1500 more.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Anyone know the extra cost for destination? Imported cost may be $1000- $1500 more.
Destination is a rounded fee determined by size and weight of vehicle and isn't directly determined by point of origin. Consumers pay a flat rate regardless of where they buy the car and it'll eventually average across for the lineup for Honda. My dealership can be right beside the factory, I pay the same fee as the guy who pays for cross country rail transport. I bet you my destination fee 'costs less' so the extra money I shell out in terms of the average benefits the cross country dude.

Acura RLX - from Japan - $940
Civic Sedan - Indiana or Aliston - $835
CR-V - East Liberty Ohio - $900
Accord Sedan - Marysville Ohio - $835
2017 Accord Hybrid - Japan - $835

I bet you Civic Hatch costs $835 and you'll be thankful you don't pay Freight and PDI here in Canada which is $1,595 for Civic and $2,000 for Acura models.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hopefully the built quality is better than in the USA.. ;)

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Hopefully the built quality is better than in the USA.. ;)
Ehh it's a tossup. I think an English built car by Honda would be comparable to the US but I wouldn't put money on it being substantially improved. Vehicles built in Mexico and Japan however, those are to talk about.

Pilotman11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic EX
How long was the Titanic supposed to be at sea?
The Titanic was supposed to take seven days; left on April 10th scheduled for arrival on the 17th. ( I'm a Titanic nerd ).

On topic: Something makes me like the hatchback, I'm not too sure what it is. The vents I don't mind. I usually don't like hatchbacks but the Civic pulls it off in my opinion.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Ehh it's a tossup. I think an English built car by Honda would be comparable to the US but I wouldn't put money on it being substantially improved. Vehicles built in Mexico and Japan however, those are to talk about.
Are you saying Mexico has good quality? From what I've heard the quality from the Honda Mexico plant that builds HRVs and fits is awful

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Are you saying Mexico has good quality? From what I've heard the quality from the Honda Mexico plant that builds HRVs and fits is awful
No, I'm saying that Mexican and Japanese built vehicles are built so far apart on the spectrum, you can actually compare them compared to English vs American build quality.

When I say 'they're something to talk about', I don't necessarily mean it in an optimistic tone. Read my sig, it's not optimistic

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The Titanic was supposed to take seven days; left on April 10th scheduled for arrival on the 17th. ( I'm a Titanic nerd ).

On topic: Something makes me like the hatchback, I'm not too sure what it is. The vents I don't mind. I usually don't like hatchbacks but the Civic pulls it off in my opinion.
That's awesome! I should have known that - just visited the Titanic exhibit at Luxor - pretty cool if you haven't been!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback (US market) spy pics upload_2016-8-11_7-29-11

I noticed this changed on the Honda website today-
Also, they finally dropped the Civic Si from mention in the "VEHICLES" dropdown.
Sponsored