2017 Civic Hatchback (US market) spy pics

JustChexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevy Malibu
Any other spy shots of the hatchbacks loaded on the delivery trailer, other than the front white bumper and the rear blue bumper?
Sponsored

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Any other spy shots of the hatchbacks loaded on the delivery trailer, other than the front white bumper and the rear blue bumper?
Im thinking by the end of the week we should hear and see more... atleast im hopeing...

Spinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I like how they went with a more rugged direction on the front/rear ends. Still satisfied with my EX-T sedan, but I can't wait to see those out on the road here in BTV :)

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Nah, they won't drop the Si motor in a base car. I have the feeling it's mostly cosmetic enhancements. Maybe cloth seats with a leather steering wheel and shift knob. Maybe sport pedals. Something like that.
I'm thinking the same. Black front grill, Si style wheels, spoiler, foglights, and maybe some interior bits. I'm secretly hoping the Sport Touring will come with a 6MT (but doubt it).

Willieboy32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx

JustChexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevy Malibu
Pictures looks really good but still no exhaust outlet? At least from the blue hatch doesn't look like there is, hopefully it's not hidden like the sedan or coupe. :drive:

h
It is hidden on the production model. I prefer it hidden though, it's a cleaner and more modern look.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The hatchbacks in the link are bound for the US/Canada. You can tell from the front side amber reflector and the positioning of the license plate mount on the rear. Also Europe doesn't get the new hatchback until early next year.

I am surprised the Coupe didn't get the black grille.
I was just about to say ... 'guys, the rear license plate mount holes are arranged for North America, not Europe...' good catch!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Type R concept is rumored for Paris. I think the production hatchback will show up at a private event Honda will hold for the press next month and hit the showrooms at the end of August or early September.
They did this type of thing for the 9th Civic. Not sure if anyone on here was there, but somehow they extended an invitation to 8thCivic.net and had us come out to a Press-day type event at FedEx field in DC area where they were showing off the new Civic and, in particular, the new Civic Si. That was back in like 2011 or 2012 I guess. They had engineers and such from Japan. I questioned why they lowered the redline and decided to not go Turbo yet like competitors. No good answers but now we have some idea why.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
So excuse my ignorance, but is the consensus that this will be offered in Si trim or is that reserved for the coupe? I think I like the aggressive yet more subtle than the over-the-top styling of the Type R.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So excuse my ignorance, but is the consensus that this will be offered in Si trim or is that reserved for the coupe? I think I like the aggressive yet more subtle than the over-the-top styling of the Type R.
There's a ton of discussion on that topic. Don't have the link here, but there's pretty good arguments both for and against having an Si hatch.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like it... Im in budget for anot her new civic... ;)

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
*palms face*
Who gave the okay on those rear vents? Eye sores, but that's my biggest gripe with the hatch. Others have said it, but it may be the most cohesive design of the 3 body styles. It's like the sedan, but with more fluid lines out back and without the long rear overhang. Can't wait to see it in the flesh..

grego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Accord Wagon EX
*palms face*
Who gave the okay on those rear vents? Eye sores, but that's my biggest gripe with the hatch. Others have said it, but it may be the most cohesive design of the 3 body styles. It's like the sedan, but with more fluid lines out back and without the long rear overhang. Can't wait to see it in the flesh..
Seriously. I really wanted this to be my next car but I'll probably go with a Mazda 3 Hatchback because it has a much more refined look. This just looks way too immature
Sponsored