2017 Civic Hatchback sport garnish (skirt) to type R installation possible?

sciguy05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and this it my first post. So I picked up a 2017 hatchback sport a few months back. I have been trying to make it look like the type R slowly. The next step is to change out the 'skirts' and 'lips' to make it look like the type R ones.

Basically I want to go from:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback sport garnish (skirt) to type R installation possible? bDrSCeO

Now I believe the Sport Honda Part Numbers are:

Front: 71102-TGG-A50
Right: 71800-TGG-A50ZD
Left: 71850-TGG-A50ZD
Rear: 71502-TGG-A50

And the type R are:

Front: 71102-TGH-A00
Right: 71800-TGH-A00ZA
Left: 71850-TGH-A00ZA
Rear: 71502-TGH-A00

Now life would be awesome if I could just order the type R ones and slap them on there (replacing the ones that are on there). But from what I read it is not that simple. Does this go for all the parts? Even the 'side skirts'?

I read some forum that some guy just put the red pinstripe on there with some 3M vinyl. I was actually considering this. Just taking off the parts and wrapping some carbon fiber vinyl on them finishing it off with the pin stripe -- but would way prefer to get the type R parts.

Any thoughts / insights would be appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm almost certain the front lip won't be a direct bolt on, the ctr is wider and someone had done it but it requires cutting. Not sure about the sides either since it's a wide body type r

miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
If you get rid of all the skirts and lip, let me know, I will buy them from you, since I can't get black one from Honda (they are all red...)

OP
OP

sciguy05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
What about the side skirts?

lcdz1428

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport hatchback
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and this it my first post. So I picked up a 2017 hatchback sport a few months back. I have been trying to make it look like the type R slowly. The next step is to change out the 'skirts' and 'lips' to make it look like the type R ones.

Basically I want to go from:
bDrSCeO.jpg

Now I believe the Sport Honda Part Numbers are:

Front: 71102-TGG-A50
Right: 71800-TGG-A50ZD
Left: 71850-TGG-A50ZD
Rear: 71502-TGG-A50

And the type R are:

Front: 71102-TGH-A00
Right: 71800-TGH-A00ZA
Left: 71850-TGH-A00ZA
Rear: 71502-TGH-A00

Now life would be awesome if I could just order the type R ones and slap them on there (replacing the ones that are on there). But from what I read it is not that simple. Does this go for all the parts? Even the 'side skirts'?

I read some forum that some guy just put the red pinstripe on there with some 3M vinyl. I was actually considering this. Just taking off the parts and wrapping some carbon fiber vinyl on them finishing it off with the pin stripe -- but would way prefer to get the type R parts.

Any thoughts / insights would be appreciated! Thanks!
I was going to do the same thing to my sport hatchback, but original type r won't fit directly to it, so i ended up removing all the aero kit and wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl then i applied a dark red stripe all the way around and it looks awesome, it took me a whole day to do it, you have to remove the whole back and front bumper to remove their lip, removing the sideskirt is very easy, warping the sideskirts and front lip using a single vinyl sheet is easy , for the back lip i had to wrap it using 5 pieces of vinyl cuz it has so many curves, i am very satisfied with work that i have done, it looks nice, i will post some pictures

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback sport garnish (skirt) to type R installation possible? IMG_3464.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback sport garnish (skirt) to type R installation possible? IMG_3468.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback sport garnish (skirt) to type R installation possible? IMG_3472.JPG

Last edited:

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I looked into this (I ordered front, and rear type r Spoiler / diffuser bumper garnishes). The side skirts might work, I need to measure wheel well to wheel well on my si sedan. Then compare the to part for length, what I did find out is the the skirts com complete with the rocker panel. These extend outward from the car to match up with the fender flares. I was thinking you could remove the side skirts and attach to you current vechile.

Orlando_Type_R

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I looked into this (I ordered front, and rear type r Spoiler / diffuser bumper garnishes). The side skirts might work, I need to measure wheel well to wheel well on my si sedan. Then compare the to part for length, what I did find out is the the skirts com complete with the rocker panel. These extend outward from the car to match up with the fender flares. I was thinking you could remove the side skirts and attach to you current vechile.
Following. I want to do this to my sedan too. Please let us know your results!

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was going to do the same thing to my sport hatchback, but original type r won't fit directly to it, so i ended up removing all the aero kit and wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl then i applied a dark red stripe all the way around and it looks awesome, it took me a whole day to do it, you have to remove the whole back and front bumper to remove their lip, removing the sideskirt is very easy, warping the sideskirts and front lip using a single vinyl sheet is easy , for the back lip i had to wrap it using 5 pieces of vinyl cuz it has so many curves, i am very satisfied with work that i have done, it looks nice, i will post some pictures

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3468.JPG

IMG_3472.JPG
How big of a piece of wrap did you need for the side skirts?

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Link to these parts plz?

Need the ones with red pinstripes
Does not come with pinstripes. Picked up a pinstripe kit at pep boys for $15 more than enough to do a bunch of cars/parts. The part is the ikon black side skirts on eBay. I sprayed them with plasti-dip then added the pinstripe.