Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I just found this rendering of the 2017 hatch online. Sorry, if it's been posted here before.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic hatchback rendering Honda_Civic_2017_hatchback_render_800_600
Sponsored

DrivenSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Fit
I actually hope that the rear will have a more square, practical shape. The fastback look is cool, but probably not the best design for maximum space.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think they shortened everything from the B pillar back too much. The hatchback is more elongated than that and has more of a 'deck' in the rear.

Earlier Type R spy pics, but you get the idea.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic hatchback rendering 5d2_7467-

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic hatchback rendering 5d2_7500-

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alot of the elongated look on the spy hatch is from the tail lights which extend outward from the back of the car (like the coupe and sedan lights both do on the 10th gen) and they didn't really put those into the rendering above... i think they got the actual car proportions spot on, but the taillights need to protrude from the back end more to give it the "rear deck" appearance which the spy shot car has.

HumbleSage

The Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2, 2008 Civic SI's. 1 Ralleye Red (Stock). 1 Fiji Blue Pearl (Modified). 1 2017 Civic Type-R (Stock)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That rendering looks pretty good but what I like most are the rims they put on that render lol. I doubt those would be stock, right?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you think it will be sedan or coupe length? The render makes it appear coupe short.
The hump across the roof at the rear, is it a spoiler, or part of the hatch door?
The render makes the rear door glass appear taller, but I doubt that would happen.
I looked at crosstour in google images, it looks like it may be a mini crosstour.
Most likely closer to coupe length. Hatchback variants tend to be on the shorter spectrum compared to sedans because they don't need the extra length to have good trunk space. Not sure if they'll directly copy the coupe's riding stance, but my best guess is it'll definitely be shorter than the sedan in overall length and wheelbase length.

I think the hump you're seeing is supposed to be a roof spoiler, yes. Which i think seeing the spy shots it needs due to the slope of the rear glass, definitely looks better with a roof spoiler in my mind.

jrlnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC Gremlin
What I'm hoping for the hatchback is that Honda will offer it in all the trims that the sedan is offered in, i.e. EX, EX-L, Touring. I know that it will have much lower sales volume than the sedan but I hope we get some choices. What I'm really waiting to buy is the EX-L hatchback w/ Honda sensors in WOP w/ black interior.

FG3BLUES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Coupe LX DBP
New to the site. Currently on my 3rd Honda. This is the sexiest render for any civic model I've seen since they first announced the 10th gen. It probably wont look like this when it finally is announced considering the spy shots of the Type R during its Nurburgring tests, but my God this is BEAUTIFUL. Almost like the rear of the Euro A45 AMG from the front quarter view. And the inevitable Touring Model would look that much better with the LED headlights. If the hatch truly does look like this, I will CERTAINLY be waiting for the manual turbo model. Please Honda! Make this gen the revolution that Honda deserves. And just a stupid request. Can we get a Civic hatch like this with the SH-AWD from Acura?! Ditch the Real Time AWD, streamline the SH-AWD for your different platforms, make it available on the Civic Hatch and Top Trim Accord Sedan models, and your looking to bank ridiculous amounts. It wont even need a giant engine as long as weight stays realistic. I understand the simplicity and cost efficiency of FWD, but lets make some of those strides in innovation like Honda was known for back with CVCC and the old Civic 4WD. IJS. Anyway, really beautiful render.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New to the site. Currently on my 3rd Honda. This is the sexiest render for any civic model I've seen since they first announced the 10th gen. It probably wont look like this when it finally is announced considering the spy shots of the Type R during its Nurburgring tests, but my God this is BEAUTIFUL. Almost like the rear of the Euro A45 AMG from the front quarter view. And the inevitable Touring Model would look that much better with the LED headlights. If the hatch truly does look like this, I will CERTAINLY be waiting for the manual turbo model. Please Honda! Make this gen the revolution that Honda deserves. And just a stupid request. Can we get a Civic hatch like this with the SH-AWD from Acura?! Ditch the Real Time AWD, streamline the SH-AWD for your different platforms, make it available on the Civic Hatch and Top Trim Accord Sedan models, and your looking to bank ridiculous amounts. It wont even need a giant engine as long as weight stays realistic. I understand the simplicity and cost efficiency of FWD, but lets make some of those strides in innovation like Honda was known for back with CVCC and the old Civic 4WD. IJS. Anyway, really beautiful render.
Thats the beauty of this new platform, it's AWD compatible (because it'll be in the new CRV eventually). I agree, acura could use a small hatch (ILX hatch?). Acura has already mentioned stepping up it's game with the SH-AWD across it's model range so i think as time goes forward we'll see more AWD variants of acura's cars as the next generations start rolling in. (fingers crossed they look like the recently revealed precision concept car). I think an SH-AWD accord would be a winner as well.

FG3BLUES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Coupe LX DBP
That's exactly what I mean. Since they are starting to move to the Modular platform style like the other companies are, it only makes sense to start capitalizing on such an innovation. Honestly, look at VW and the Golf. That one vehicle shares its platform with about 4 or 5 other models, and offers FWD and AWD. Honda, with as good as they are with fuel efficiency and reliability, and their new desire to stay relevant to the physically younger and younger minded consumer, staying competitive in the industry against the other Makes is half the battle. Why would I buy a Civic Type R FWD when Ford has just started to reveal more and more information about the Focus RS, which is AWD. Not to mention another of Honda's major company focuses, which is safety. AWD may be more complex, but instead of using R&D and Profits on building a car like the Clarity, which is kept to a VERY tight consumer base, why not use that money for reinvigorating its core models with some things that buyers have come to expect from this industry. I mean, look at how many car makers have an AWD sedan. Why doesn't Honda. Especially when there have been rave reviews for the SH-AWD system that Acura uses, and Honda is the parent company. I understand keeping costs down for the frugal consumer, but, again, if you want to stay relevant, the things that you do well, you should capitalize on. #C'MonMan!!!

Last edited:

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Looks like they slapped the ass of a WRX on it.
My thoughts exactly, all it would need is the awd, which would probably never ever happen. But I wonder if the back will have the split taillights like the sedan, or the single strip like the coupe.

TEACHERSINCE2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(White Orchid Pearl) Honda Civic Touring 2016
I just found this rendering of the 2017 hatch online. Sorry, if it's been posted here before.

Honda_Civic_2017_hatchback_render_800_600.jpg
....Do you happen to have its rear view snapshot (as it currently looks almost identical to the Civic Touring '16 from this angle)?:popcorn:
Sponsored

Last edited: