2017 Civic Hatchback Priced From $19700 (US). Arrives Next Week

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG k20a2, 2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Ugh. I don't get the delay with the sport touring.

I was going to grab a 16 sedan touring, but figured i'd wait until clear outs this year. Then the details of the hatch coming made me decide to wait, saw the sport touring and pretty well made my mind up I'd get that. Now I'll be waiting yet again!
Sponsored

JustChexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevy Malibu
Does anyone know the reason for the delay of the Sport Touring Hatch or the Sensing option on all of the other Hatch models? Seems peculiar - just curious. I'd either want an EX-L with Sensing or the Sport Touring, which are both now delayed.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Ugh. I don't get the delay with the sport touring.

I was going to grab a 16 sedan touring, but figured i'd wait until clear outs this year. Then the details of the hatch coming made me decide to wait, saw the sport touring and pretty well made my mind up I'd get that. Now I'll be waiting yet again!
Looks like it's a delay on sensing altogether for the hatch models. Might have something to do with getting the parts and tooling necessary to the UK plant, but I certainly don't speak with any authority on it. Just a guess.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Does anyone know the reason for the delay of the Sport Touring Hatch or the Sensing option on all of the other Hatch models? Seems peculiar - just curious. I'd either want an EX-L with Sensing or the Sport Touring, which are both now delayed.

Probably a production volume constraint issue. Whoever supplies some or all of the hardware for sensing is probably having a hard time meeting demand. Sensing cars are very thin on lots in my area.

Right now, there is a significant ramp-up of manufacturers offering features like Sensing. Everyone is jumping on this bandwagon. There are probably a relatively limited number of suppliers of the components, and those guys are probably overwhelmed at this point or close to it. Just two or three years ago, stuff like Sensing was pretty rare on new cars...you probably had take rates industry wide in the low single digit percentages. Two or three years from now, probably just about every car will have some sort of accident avoidance tech, lane watch, adaptive cruise, etc. Even cars on the budget end of the spectrum. So the industry is going from needing a few thousand units a year of components to millions of them in a very short time. A lot of suppliers were probably not willing to invest in significant production capacity expansion until recently, when it was obvious that the demand would warrant the investment.

Just a guess.

Part of it may also be that Honda was a bit conservative when they laid out their production plan. They may have underestimated the demand for sensing equipped cars, and only ordered a certain number of systems. Likely didn't want to outfit too many cars with the tech until they knew how interested people really were, so they played it a touch on the safe side.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
It could also be that they're still working on an updated Honda Sensing system. The auto high beam feature is new, so that might be the hold up. I wouldn't be surprised if all 2017 Civics with HS wind up having auto high beams too.

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
I'm very impressed with Honda's pricing on this model. You're really getting a huge bang for your buck, especially on the base models that still have the turbo engine.
Turbo engine is going to be the normal engine, so no I don't count that as extra bang for the buck.

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
That is correct, all the 17 hatches with Honda Sensing have auto high beams. It's standard with the sensing.

Akinari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Not sure if this has been discussed already, but am I missing something here? I know as a Canadian we always have different trim equipment than the US, but according to the press release, we will be getting the 6MT across all trims, as in the Sport Touring as well? Cause I was bummed out that in order to get the 6MT I would have to sacrifice leather, LED headlights, and the upgraded audio system, but if Canada has the 6MT available on the Sport Touring, well I may not even wait for the Si coupe to be released and I'll just go with this!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback Priced From $19700 (US). Arrives Next Week LEwgMIM

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
Not sure if this has been discussed already, but am I missing something here? I know as a Canadian we always have different trim equipment than the US, but according to the press release, we will be getting the 6MT across all trims, as in the Sport Touring as well? Cause I was bummed out that in order to get the 6MT I would have to sacrifice leather, LED headlights, and the upgraded audio system, but if Canada has the 6MT available on the Sport Touring, well I may not even wait for the Si coupe to be released and I'll just go with this!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback Priced From $19700 (US). Arrives Next Week LEwgMIM
It certainly looks like it.

www.civicx.com/threads/official-hatchback-trim-details-for-canada.5275/page-5#post-103746

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
That is correct, all the 17 hatches with Honda Sensing have auto high beams. It's standard with the sensing.
Yes I know, I meant I wouldn't be surprised if ALL 2017 Civics with Honda Sensing have auto high beams, ie. sedans and coupes too.

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We just got 2 LX 6 Speed in yesterday..

I work for Honda in the parts department in Québec,Canada..

Here is are line up for Canada and price for Quebec

- CIVIC LX 6 speed..................23,385
- CIVIC LX CVT.........................24,685
- CIVIC LX CVT HS (SENSING)............25,685
- CIVIC SPORT 6 speed...............27,185
- CIVIC SPORT CVT HS (SENSING).........29,485
- CIVIC SPORT TOURING 6 speed.......31.385
- CIVIC SPORT TOURING CVT............32,685

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
We just got 2 LX 6 Speed in yesterday..

I work for Honda in the parts department in Québec,Canada..

Here is are line up for Canada and price for Quebec

- CIVIC LX 6 speed..................23,385
- CIVIC LX CVT.........................24,685
- CIVIC LX CVT HS (SENSING)............25,685
- CIVIC SPORT 6 speed...............27,185
- CIVIC SPORT CVT HS (SENSING).........29,485
- CIVIC SPORT TOURING 6 speed.......31.385
- CIVIC SPORT TOURING CVT............32,685

You guys have pricing for ST trim & trim w/sensing already? does that mean that you will be getting the ST & trim w/ sensing before we (US) do?
Sponsored