2017 Civic Hatchback Priced From $19700 (US). Arrives Next Week

Akinari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Hatch is now live on Honda.ca, Sport Touring after taxes and fees in BC is $34k jesus. Maybe I will wait for the Si coupe after all, assuming there will be an Si model without Honda Sensing?

Or grab a Focus ST hah.
Sponsored

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Hatch is now live on Honda.ca, Sport Touring after taxes and fees in BC is $34k jesus. Maybe I will wait for the Si coupe after all, assuming there will be an Si model without Honda Sensing?

Or grab a Focus ST hah.
I would spend $34k CAD for a ST all. day. long.

That's only ~26k USD out the door.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
The trims have been updated at honda.ca. Red is available on the Sport and Sport Touring.

Akinari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
I would spend $34k CAD for a ST all. day. long.

That's only ~26k USD out the door.
I would get the ST in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the horribly non-symmetrical interior with its weird combination of circular and non-circular shapes seem scattered all over the place. Looks like a mess to me, especially the slanted gauges in the middle that just looks like some kid's afterthought.

Currently not a fan of Ford interiors, they just don't seem as clean or elegant as anyone else's interiors right now.

But yes, the ST is tremendous value, especially when compared to this Civic hatch. For us enthusiasts who care about driving anyway.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I would get the ST in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the horribly non-symmetrical interior with its weird combination of circular and non-circular shapes seem scattered all over the place. Looks like a mess to me, especially the slanted gauges in the middle that just looks like some kid's afterthought.

Currently not a fan of Ford interiors, they just don't seem as clean or elegant as anyone else's interiors right now.

But yes, the ST is tremendous value, especially when compared to this Civic hatch. For us enthusiasts who care about driving anyway.
No, I meant st = "Civic Sport Touring". The Canadian Civic ST is only USD ~26k in 6MT form.

Focus ST is one of the best Ford products out there, which isn't saying much.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Is it possible if you can you tell me what the dealer invoice number is for the Sport CVT HS?

Thanks in advance!
LOL its first week you're not getting anything close to the invoice

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
LOL if giving $850-$1000 dealer gross is your definition of 'good negotiating' then the effort it takes to write this post is worth more haha.

Second, considering the hatch is being imported and therefore brought it in small quantities I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up a lot less frequently than sedan models where Aliston makes a fuck ton and dealers can whore them out...

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
LOL its first week you're not getting anything close to the invoice is like saying millionaires in Toronto or Calgary pay full taxes on their total income during end of fiscal year. There is so many deals that happen less than MSRP or for a person to pay only 35k taxes even though he made $1.2M during the fiscal year.
I will treat you like gods gift to the earth if you can do a 1% over invoice deal this week at your local Honda dealer on an LX model. I DARE YOU

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
"For cheap" isn't $850 - $1000 over dealer invoice plus extended warranty which is more back end gross.. I mean, if you offer that, they'll sell it to you of course in a couple months.

If you want to know the definition of an aggressive deal, which is IMO $500 above invoice or less, good luck finding a Sport or Sport Touring despite trying to find it in an 'insolvent area'. Chances are that thing will be dealer traded or not offered to you if you were looking for a good deal, and if you're willing to pay $1000 gross, that contradicts the statement of 'for cheap' anyway...

Besides, Sport Touring and all Honda sensing trims aren't offered until Spring anyway, so assume that thing comes out in Mar/April, you'll have to wait a couple months on top of that to have some bargaining power.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Okay, your calculation has no credibility to it considering you're adding province specific PST and a freight/PDI that's double the American destination charge on top of the Canadian Sport pricing to bring your total to $33062.39. That PST is artificially inflating your total so that you can justify your comparison to a US model. Don't do that since those fees and especially PST is enacted by the government and is completely irrelevant to how Honda is pricing their car. Taking Sport 6MT from American Honda and Honda Canada, without freight/destination from the corporate website.

US Honda Sport 6MT: $21,300 USD, or $27,811 CAD
Canadian Sport 6MT: $25,190 CAD, or $19,293 USD

So clearly Honda still doesn't give a shit about the exchange rate, considering how much equipment the Canadian Sport has compared to the watered down US model. If Honda did, using the US pricing as a benchmark, we technically should be getting the stripped down US spec'd hatch for $27,811 which we obviously don't... If we did, Sport Touring should be $36.5k CAD assuming it would be $28,000USD before Freight/PDI enviro fees and PST. If that was the case, Honda would've priced themselves out of the market, which they haven't done right now. Although the hatch is still quite expensive...

Last edited:

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I will treat you like gods gift to the earth if you can do a 1% over invoice deal this week at your local Honda dealer on an LX model. I DARE YOU
I found a deal well below invoice on the new Impreza. Honda dealers suck for pricing.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I found a deal well below invoice on the new Impreza. Honda dealers suck for pricing.
In Canada, dealers sell vehicles above invoice and the only way to get it down is if there's a rebate to lower it below invoice. There's also no shopping credit unions/banks since standard financing is 4.99% and any subvented rate that manufactures offer here up north are the best you can get. In the US, you can buy any car thousands below MSRP, into the holdback yada yada. We don't have that here.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
In Canada, dealers sell vehicles above invoice and the only way to get it down is if there's a rebate to lower it below invoice. There's also no shopping credit unions/banks since standard financing is 4.99% and any subvented rate that manufactures offer here up north are the best you can get. In the US, you can buy any car thousands below MSRP, into the holdback yada yada. We don't have that here.
Oh ok, I figured US Honda dealers wouldn't be discounting either.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Oh ok, I figured US Honda dealers wouldn't be discounting either.
No one's discounting first week, especially not in Canada, and this clown "Chart" thinks $1000 gross over invoice is a good deal and he's doing his exchange rate calculation wrong like fuck me in the asshole