2017 Civic Hatchback Priced From $19700 (US). Arrives Next Week

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
The only explanation for the dropped MPGs is probably due to the much added weight of the hatch. Its heavier than their Sedan counterparts. PS: I'm glad I got my Touring already.
Sponsored

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Don't get me wrong - I like the Hatch a lot. But not at those prices and not with those EPA ratings.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That pricing is aggressive!!! I mean, why would I want a 2.0L when the turbo is so cheap?? I think people fail to realize the market here... I was easily expecting the base hatchback to start around $23k... These will fly out of the lots!!

My dealership is expected to get in a black/black EXL-Navi any day now... Should've been here by today actually... I'll keep everyone here posted when I get it in...

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
that's some BS that we have to wait until 2017 for the sport touring or any trim level with sensing...
I could be wrong, but I recall getting the sense that all hatches have sensing except maybe the base LX... I'll double check the brochure.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
The only explanation for the dropped MPGs is probably due to the much added weight of the hatch. Its heavier than their Sedan counterparts. PS: I'm glad I got my Touring already.
It's the 2017 EPA testing changes.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Piggybacking on others - glad I didn't wait. Happy with my sedan.

That MPG for the Sport CVT is booty.

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
I could be wrong, but I recall getting the sense that all hatches have sensing except maybe the base LX... I'll double check the brochure.

All trim levels have Honda sensing option except for the LX. But according to the brochure the Sport Touring and the sensing option will not be made available til early 2017...

However, I just found an article from Honda news http://www.hondanews.com/releases/2017-honda-civic-hatchback-pricing-and-epa-data

"Sport Touring trim and Honda Sensing will be made available later in the year; pricing and timing to be provided at a later date." --> this gives me hope that the ST and sensing option for other trim levels will be here sooner than 2017.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
The EX is such a better buy over the sport CVT. Only $700 more and you get so many added features it's crazy

rjvanro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra 483 K and goin strong!
2017 Canadian hatch, coupe & sedan arrival

Just spoke with my local new sales manager. Hatchbacks should begin landing in dealerships in two weeks according to a Honda Canada rep, as per a phone call this afternoon. 2017 coupes & sedans "around" late October.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A couple things I noticed looking at the specs. Those 18" wheels on the Sport and Sport Touring add 2 feet to the turning radius... that's a lot. Plus anybody driving on bad roads needs to think twice about those 40 series tires. Not much rubber between your rim and the road.

Has anyone verified the earlier report that the Sport needs premium gas?

Seems to me the best overall deals are the basic LX manual and the EX.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really really like the hatch but I would need the Touring Sport to satisfy my needs and If Im going to pay that much? I will just wait for the Si. Just saying Honda is releasing these cars in strategic order to maximize sales.Like think if your paying 26-27k you are only 6k away from the Worshipped, Iconic, Amazing Type-R.