2017 Civic Hatchback EX Subwoofer Install

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Looking to do pretty much the same thing to a 2017 sedan EX. Do you need an LC2i or can I get a less expensive line out converter?
I'm just thinking the LC2i is overkill for my needs.

How does the P300-10 sound? Is it plenty or do you wish you would have gone with the 12?
I don't know what 9 wire is but I was hoping I could run regular speaker wire + and - from both RCA's up to the front and tap into the front speaker connections behind the stock radio.
A regular line out converter will work just fine. An amp wire kit will have plenty of wire to run to anywhere in the car you want.
Sponsored

number41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
A regular line out converter will work just fine. An amp wire kit will have plenty of wire to run to anywhere in the car you want.
Thanks. Do you know if it's better to tap into the front speakers or the rear? Seems I have heard the front are full range and are better to tap into? Just want to confirm that if someone knows for sure.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. Do you know if it's better to tap into the front speakers or the rear? Seems I have heard the front are full range and are better to tap into? Just want to confirm that if someone knows for sure.
I've heard, and I think someone confirmed, the front speakers have a better signal. Other people have tapped the rears and even the stock sub lines, but I don't know how much a difference there is.

number41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
I've heard, and I think someone confirmed, the front speakers have a better signal. Other people have tapped the rears and even the stock sub lines, but I don't know how much a difference there is.
thanks. Yeah, it would be good to know for sure. I'm not thrilled about pulling the radio out and splicing into factory wires. The back would be easier but if the front would create a better sound I would rather do that.

I'm guessing I could still install the LOC in the rear??? I don't want it buried behind the radio in case it needs adjusting. SO, I would run power down one side of the vehicle and then the speaker wire that will tap into the front factory speakers down the other side to avoid interference. I would probably do a remote just in case. I know some say it's not needed but I might as well.

Then in the trunk I would mount the LOC and connect the RCAs, power, and run a ground (maybe to seat bolts?)
Am I missing anything?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thanks. Yeah, it would be good to know for sure. I'm not thrilled about pulling the radio out and splicing into factory wires. The back would be easier but if the front would create a better sound I would rather do that.

I'm guessing I could still install the LOC in the rear??? I don't want it buried behind the radio in case it needs adjusting. SO, I would run power down one side of the vehicle and then the speaker wire that will tap into the front factory speakers down the other side to avoid interference. I would probably do a remote just in case. I know some say it's not needed but I might as well.

Then in the trunk I would mount the LOC and connect the RCAs, power, and run a ground (maybe to seat bolts?)
Am I missing anything?
Your amp probably has adjustments as well, so what I did was leave the radio loosely mounted to get a rough adjustment on the LOC, and then made finer adjustments with the amp, then button everything up. I ran the ground to the spare tire well with a self tap screw, it's worked fine so far.

number41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
The amp is part of the p300-10. So, would those adjustments be OK? I'm just not sure what the difference in the adjustments on LOC vs the p300-10. BTW I am still undecided as which LOC to get.

Also, I know the p300 comes with a bass knob. Would that be the same as something like the PAC LC1? Seems like when I did my system in my vehicle a few years ago my amp came with a bass knob and some folks said to get the LC1 becasue it did the adjustment through the RCA's rather than the way the other bass knob does it.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The amp is part of the p300-10. So, would those adjustments be OK? I'm just not sure what the difference in the adjustments on LOC vs the p300-10. BTW I am still undecided as which LOC to get.

Also, I know the p300 comes with a bass knob. Would that be the same as something like the PAC LC1? Seems like when I did my system in my vehicle a few years ago my amp came with a bass knob and some folks said to get the LC1 becasue it did the adjustment through the RCA's rather than the way the other bass knob does it.
Someone may need to correct me on this. The adjustment from the LOC is like the signal strength or volume control, and the adjustment on the amp fine tunes the signal to remove noise and adjust frequency and gain. The bass control knob does the same job whether it comes from the LOC or the amp.

Dannybles

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatch ex
Country flag
Got this under the driver seat. Cerwin Vega 10 inch powered sub. Awesome bass. Won't shake the car next to you, but fills the low end the Civic lacks.
IMG_20170219_153740.jpg
What trim level do you have I have? i have an EX and it looks like there is absolutely no way to fit a sub under the seat but I want to.

Mikeguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What trim level do you have I have? i have an EX and it looks like there is absolutely no way to fit a sub under the seat but I want to.
So, I thought the same thing, but there are a few all in one subs out there. To me, this sub helps fill out the lows the infotainment cuts short. Won't shake the neighborhood, but will move your butt!!🤣🤣🤣🤣 Been going strong for 7years now. Best bang for the buck.

Mikeguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I thought the same thing, but there are a few all in one subs out there. To me, this sub helps fill out the lows the infotainment cuts short. Won't shake the neighborhood, but will move your butt!!🤣🤣🤣🤣 Been going strong for 7years now. Best bang for the buck.
Ex sedan