capsule3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I got the turbo core from a junkyard, it’s actually out of a CRV but they are the same. I forgot to mention, I also bought the type R rear sway bar to put in, but haven’t installed it yet. I’ve enclosed a pic of the LED fog lights as well as a pic from the dealership, most of the other stuff isn’t really cosmetic.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback EX CVT is getting no love 520A87AB-1EDD-402A-B1C0-7136CFA5035F

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback EX CVT is getting no love 53E9BE7D-83BE-467E-B266-DFEEA9C243D2

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat... Let me know if you find anything cool hehehe.

thumbnail.jpg
OMG what did you do?! Cool wheels, HORRIBLE BRA! This hurts my heart. It has such a beautiful nose! If you want to protect it, get some 3M film or something added to it. These bras just trap moisture and dirt and stones and cause scratches and discolouration and RUST!

Watch out!!!! :)

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey,

I have a Sport Touring so our cars are not exactly the same, but I do have some recommendations that will work with the CVT. With regard to Hondata and Ktuner, I have had both and prefer the Ktuner, not only because the stock tunes it comes with seem to be better, but because VitViper recommends it and uses the Ktuner to create custom tunes, which I am in the process of getting.

I went with the PRL catted downpipe only for the following reasons: I didn't want to run into issues with not having a cat for a small increase in performance, the front pipe performance increase seems to be negligible, and most cat back systems come with a front pipe. I purchased the PRL stage 1 intake, because the PRL downpipe does not have a heat shield, and I think the hose PRL uses will insulate better than the stock plastic. Finally, I purchased a used Si turbo and installed it. I have not had any issues thus far, the performance has improved dramatically, and as I said I have not yet gotten my custom tune from Vit yet.

In terms of visual changes, I installed yellow LED's in my foglights, and smoke lenses with amber LED's for my side lights. Hope this can give you some help in deciding where you take your car, enjoy!
Did you get a special LED kit to replace the fogs or just use plug-in LEDs? I've read that they can overheat and cause issues, which is why you're supposed to get a kit, but I don't know if that's necessarily true. I think the halogen looks stupid with the rest of my lights being LED. I'm kind of ambivalent as to whether I use yellow LED or just matching white LED in my fogs (they're mostly cosmetic on this car anyway. I know yellow is actually more useful, but I don't really care about that all that much haha).

Thoughts?

Mister2kris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OMG what did you do?! Cool wheels, HORRIBLE BRA! This hurts my heart. It has such a beautiful nose! If you want to protect it, get some 3M film or something added to it. These bras just trap moisture and dirt and stones and cause scratches and discolouration and RUST!

Thanks for the heads up dude! Man I drive on super rocky roads to work. I’ll look into 3m for the front :)

capsule3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
This is what I ordered. Apparently they have a heat sink attached to the light. I have not had any issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010NKS152/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did you get a special LED kit to replace the fogs or just use plug-in LEDs? I've read that they can overheat and cause issues, which is why you're supposed to get a kit, but I don't know if that's necessarily true. I think the halogen looks stupid with the rest of my lights being LED. I'm kind of ambivalent as to whether I use yellow LED or just matching white LED in my fogs (they're mostly cosmetic on this car anyway. I know yellow is actually more useful, but I don't really care about that all that much haha).

Thoughts?

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up dude! Man I drive on super rocky roads to work. I’ll look into 3m for the front :)
There are different versions. If you’re regularly driving on rocky roads, you’ll want the thicker version. 3M has some good ones, but there’s another brand that’s great too. I just can’t remember the name. You want one that’s a bit thicker and “heals”. The thicker one is slightly mushy, hence how it “heals”.