dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 2012 Nissan Quest 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally had my appointment yesterday and they said it needs a new wire harness. Not much more info. The part is back ordered until end of November - beginning of December... Any luck on your side?
My ordeal was the gauge cluster relay, something happened apparently when I was doing the light install. Had it in 4x total but they finally got the part in and got it replaced. I noticed they also replaced the gauge cluster/Speedo. My top white/green light is slightly different at the middle. They've added black dots to dim it more.
Sponsored

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have the part number for this 'gauge cluster relay' ? I have the same issue, no illumination for climate control or shifter P R N D S L backlight.
No. I was never able to find a part number. I suggest that you take it in to your dealer. But remove any light/wires before you do. Your warranty will cover the gauge replacement.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
No. I was never able to find a part number. I suggest that you take it in to your dealer. But remove any light/wires before you do. Your warranty will cover the gauge replacement.
Thanks, at the dealer now. Also here for non-related issue. Water got into the trunk release button and corroded it out. The head tech says that because I wrapped the arm rest in carbon fiber, its been altered. But it is clear the wrap did not cause water to corrode the switch. The plastic protector with the black goo is behind that cable, so the cable is not protected. I'll keep updated and report status and part number for future reference. Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback - AC, Shifter Backlights and Blue Interior Not lit 20180210_133712 Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback - AC, Shifter Backlights and Blue Interior Not lit 20180210_132648

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same thing happened to mine. I lost the taillights and the rest of the console lights.
Already they tried to blame you for the trunk button.
The dealer I went to said Honda told them not to cover stiff if it looks like it's been altered. But c'mon, really. Putting carbon fiber on a door trim is nothing.
Good luck on the repaid and the rest of the install. Maybe you can throw them a few bucks while they're changing out the cluster. There going to have the whole dash / center console apart.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same thing happened to mine. I lost the taillights and the rest of the console lights.
Already they tried to blame you for the trunk button.
The dealer I went to said Honda told them not to cover stiff if it looks like it's been altered. But c'mon, really. Putting carbon fiber on a door trim is nothing.
Good luck on the repaid and the rest of the install. Maybe you can throw them a few bucks while they're changing out the cluster. There going to have the whole dash / center console apart.
Theyre replacing the switch next week, under warranty, then he said they'll move on from there, one thing at a time. The head tech is really good, I'm sure he knows whats wrong. Probably a pita todo it, so we'll see. Im curious what exactly happened, betting on a short/blown circuit

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So they put in the trunk switch for free.
However, after 3 hours, the diagnosis for the burnt out backlights was that i need new climate control and gear shift units. Cost $1200.00, electric is not under warranty.
That being said, I did some investigating. The mini accessory leds were also blown, you know the little lights under the climate control and above the usb/12v ports. So i tested the circuit and its pushing 2.5v, which in theory should be enough voltage to light the single led. But the led wont light. I disassembled the led housing, hooked it up to a 9v battery, and it lit up, very dimly. Im not sure how the LED works, but i thought that 9v would blow the diode. Anyways, this proves the led isnt blown, but possibly the circuit in the car isnt pushing enough juice?
Any ideas?
Btw, new climate control and shift assembly is like $50 on ebay. So I may get those, but unsure if that is the real issue here.
Can an led still work at higher voltage but not lower, once the circuit has been jolted?
It's a gauge cluster relay, take the car to another dealer. Tell them the dash Christmas tree'd (lit up all the warnings) and tell them the dash/cubby/shifter lights are not working.
It is a warranty replaceable item. Mine did the same. And I got it fixed under warranty.
Just hide whatever you had and play dumb.
They're going to have to take apart the whole day and replace the gauge cluster.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bad news. I swapped out tje2 relay and it didn't work. I think youre right, gauge cluster relay. But there is a relay on the backside of the fuse box

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a little relay module on the back of the instrument cluster, that's what the tech that fixed mine told me. That little relay controls all those lights PRNDSL, cubby lights, AC buttons and the upper map light led/moonroof button. I'll try and locate my paperwork and see if I can get a part number.
I googled it before, it's an expensive little booger, like$500, because they don't just replace the relay/module, they replace your whole gauge cluster.

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got it. Part number is 78100-TBC-A71. it's the meter/ gauges.

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good work. Hopefully the techs won't charge, lesson learned.
Keep us posted on what else happens.

jortanez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a little relay module on the back of the instrument cluster, that's what the tech that fixed mine told me. That little relay controls all those lights PRNDSL, cubby lights, AC buttons and the upper map light led/moonroof button. I'll try and locate my paperwork and see if I can get a part number.
I googled it before, it's an expensive little booger, like$500, because they don't just replace the relay/module, they replace your whole gauge cluster.

Do you know if all those backlights are connected to a specific fuse under the dash?

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you know if all those backlights are connected to a specific fuse under the dash?
theyare connected to the dimming module. Which is part of the gauge control module, a 32 bit processor that controls the speedometer. By replacing the speedometer/instrument panel, fixes the issue

OMGSIIK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 S2000, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Looks straight forward. Hookup the ambient light to the AC. Makes sense as a secondary power tap, all those lights are led.

Its installation bulletin for the interior led kit. Dont worry about it unless you got the kit
I did get the kit and unfortunately did not know about this

OMGSIIK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 S2000, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Youll know if you blew it, AC lights, shifter lights, traction control light, blueled on head liner are out.

My dealer said he'd fix it for $100 deductible,but I found a used unit for $130 from local junkyard. However, after awhile, I'm not even noticing the lights being out anymore. Meaning, i dont care/bothers me
Thanks... looks like this could be the issue. Would rather start pointing them in the right direction rather than having an extended downtime with the car.
Sponsored