2017 Civic Hatchback - AC, Shifter Backlights and Blue Interior Not lit

poomanchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatcback Ex
Country flag
Hello Everyone,

I spent the entire weekend installing an amp and subs into my 2017 Civic Hatchback. After it was complete I notice my air conditioner backlights were not longer lit and the single blue interior light was also not lit up. I didn't notice this until night driving. Everything else works fine.

I have tried disconnecting the negative terminal for 10 min but that didn't seem to do anything. I tried resetting the infotainment system (holding down the power button for 2 min). That didn't seem to work either. I also made sure it wasn't any of the brightness controls.

I had a similar problem in my 2010 Mazda where some lights were not lit and the audio controls on the center console were delayed. 1 Mazda dealership quoted me for an entire new headunit! Another one reset the ECU by leaving the battery disconnected for a while free of charge. So in other words, dealerships are just as good as you guys.

Should I try completely disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes? in order to reset the ECU? I have the radio security code.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
poomanchew

poomanchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I disconnected the battery for 1 hour and it still didn't ask for the headunit security code so I know it did not completely reset. I think I'll have to do it for longer. Does anyone know how long it will have to be disconnected from the battery to reset the ECU? When we put the amp in it was disconnected for hours. I want to do a complete reset instead of pulling fuses since its multiple items that need resetting.

OP
OP
poomanchew

poomanchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Leaving the car off for 8+ hours did not help. I also noticed the taillights are not lit. The brake lights are however. Swapping the interior light fuse did not help; this is the map lights and not the ambient and AC shift backlights. The tail light relay is also fine.

I know I read on here a similar problem.

OP
OP
poomanchew

poomanchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So there was a blown parking light fuse and replacing that fixed that problem but the other ambient lights are still not fixed. Anyone know what these do? Also I dont have power lumbar or seats but there is a fuse in it.

Accessory is probably the USB and cig adapter but no idea what option is
Will be checking all tomorrow

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback - AC, Shifter Backlights and Blue Interior Not lit N9XUf64

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
You'd be best checking ALL the fuses now lol.

You should be able to see if they're blown without pulling each one out.

You can't "reset" a blown circuit. If all the lights on one circuit are down, no amount of disconnecting the battery is going to fix it.
As far as resetting the system, it's BOTH terminals of the battery for 30 minutes, going by what my dealer told me. There's no radio reset code anymore. You should see something like "systems initializing, drive carefully" on your instrument cluster if you've reset the car succesfully.

GL.

OP
OP
poomanchew

poomanchew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sensors passed diagnostics

Last edited:

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Remove the equipment you installed, then take the car to a dealership and have the problem fixed under warranty. Then reinstall your stuff.

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 2012 Nissan Quest 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm having the same problem after installing the ambient lightning and console illumination kit.
Did you ever find a solution ?
The door lights work, but the little blue LED by my map lights is out along with the account panel and cubby lights, but the power ports work.

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If that were the case wouldn't it cause my radio not to work ?
I did follow everything to as instructed.
Everything thing else works now except for the cubby lights and shifter lights/mood light.

The AC works, heated seats work, radio powers on and plays music

tjinhalifax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hope it isn't this.

IMG_0979.PNG
Any news on a fix for this? Or might this be the actual problem. I am having the exact same issues. The lights in my door work but the middle panel lights are all out as well as the blue light on the top. I had the ambient light installed this year but because I hardly drive at night, I never noticed until now...

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm on round 2 with my dealership.
I followed the directions step by step, but I think it still blew the gauge control module. (From my research that appears to be the part gone bad) my next appointment is Saturday at the dealership. Hopefully they can get it fixed this time.

tjinhalifax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on round 2 with my dealership.
I followed the directions step by step, but I think it still blew the gauge control module. (From my research that appears to be the part gone bad) my next appointment is Saturday at the dealership. Hopefully they can get it fixed this time.
I finally had my appointment yesterday and they said it needs a new wire harness. Not much more info. The part is back ordered until end of November - beginning of December... Any luck on your side?
Sponsored