2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The Canadian models better allow for the heated seat / manual transmission combo.
Sponsored

silentsod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
The Canadian models better allow for the heated seat / manual transmission combo.
I had been hoping for exactly that combination in the USA and am now reconsidering getting a Focus ST instead (I wasn't particularly impressed with it's interior compared to the Civic). That they are offering the 6MT in the Sedan EX-T is something of a slap in the face to the 1/10000 of us who would purchase a 5 door EX-T equivalent with a manual. I live in CO so I like my butt being warmed in the winter.

Concept_cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 civic lx sedan
I'm disappointed in the trim levels but honestly not surprised. Honda even said that buy bringing the hatchback to the states they were looking to get the focus from a "new demographic" than had been buying the civics in the past years. they were going to be marketing it towards buyers who were looking for technology, fuel efficiency, and utility. But with them teasing all the "sport" and "sport touring" I was hopeful that there would be more options for the enthusiasts. however if you're just looking for a hatchback platform for tuning, the sport could be a good start. The Hyundai veloster (turbo) is a similar set up mechanically and you can get a larger turbo, fmic, and piping, that will run you somewhere around the $3500 range and be putting out around 300hp. but for now I'm interested in what the si coupe will bring to the table.

OnTheGround

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX. 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5t 6MT
So if I want Apple Carplay and a Sunroof I HAVE to buy an automatic transmission?

I guess it's time to start stalking the Mazda lots again.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
So if I want Apple Carplay and a Sunroof I HAVE to buy an automatic transmission?

I guess it's time to start stalking the Mazda lots again.
For real man. This is outrageous honestly.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
but for now I'm interested in what the si coupe will bring to the table.
Far from 300hp... expect the Si to be a disappointment or you'll be disappointed. It might get the same engine/exhaust setup as the Sport hatch 6MT which is my prediction now for the Si. Honda isn't interested in pushing the performance envelope, they're focused on efficiency and such.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Lol we get LX, Sport and Sport Touring only, all with heated seats and 6MT avalible. We also get sunroof on Sport, push start on Sport, Apple Carplay on LX and up

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you folks are correct, it seems to me that Honda is making the Si a car without a market. That might be a (stupid) strategy to focus the attention on the CTR, but that would be short sighted.

Consider that in the enthusiast world you have the various Subarus, the Ford Focus group, the Minis, and the fringe models of the Hyundai and Mitusbishi tuners, all of which can turn in impressive performance for under 40k.

At my Autocross meets, the Focus with the optional rear sway bar is the car to beat, with the 4wd RS version dominating.

If the CTR is going to sell well, then it needs to compete with these cars at a similar price point, or if it's more expensive then it needs to raise the bar and chase the M2/M3, Camaro, and Pony cars. In some videos, the current CTR does trounce the Bimmers and Audii in Europe, so that's a real possibility.

If Honda does set the CTR north of 40k and pit it against that weight class, that leaves room for the Si to compete against the Focus/Subaru class.

If it's as some folks in this thread suggest, and the CTR is positioned against the top end of the Focus/Subaru crowd, then that doesn't leave a niche for the Si. It would be a jack of some trades, and a master of nothing.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From everything i've read here, what honda has told us so far etc here's my take on things....

Everyone is freaking out that the Si is going to basically be a carbon copy of the hatch sport... why? Wouldn't they have called the hatch sport "Si" instead and reaped the rewards of the name and reputation? From a marketing standpoint yes, they would have. Also, the fact that the 2017 coupe/sedan EXT will be offered with manual but not the "upgraded" power/exhaust is reason more to hold faith for a higher output Si coming, why bother making a manual EXT coupe/sedan if the Si is basically identical to those cars except for an 6hp difference? That's just higher production costs for no real reason.

That leads me to believe there will be an Si coupe/sedan... no idea what engine but whether it's the 1.5T or 2.0T it's going to perform better and be faster than the 9th gen. The 1.5T civic are already capable of 0-60 times similar or the same as the 9th gen Si... which means that even equipped with a 200hp 1.5T the new Si is going to perform worlds better than the 9th and be more on par with it's direct competition the Focus ST and Golf GTI.

The issue with the Si filling or not filling a certain niche isn't the fault of honda or the Si... it's simply that the affordable sporty economy car class had all but vanished. But with new offerings from Nissan Sentra, Hyundai Elantra/Veloster, Kia Forte along with the oldies VW GTI and Focus ST there is a growing class of cars in the 200-230hp range all priced around $25-27k which is the exact spot the Si has fallen and will undoubtedly fall again. They made the base civics all class leading in power... why should we expect less from the Si offering?

I doubt we will see an Si hatch, at least for now (keep hope alive!)... offering sport models essential fill that gap for the hatch while honda tests the sales potential of the hatch in america. While americans have been warming up to hatchbacks small car sales are historically down in favor of small CUVs like the HRV and some experts expect small CUV sales to eventually overtake sales of cars like accord and civic (at least by a small margin). So while honda tests the waters with this new hatch they're going to play it safe, see how things go, and adjust trims/offerings accordingly in the future. This may or may not include a Hatch Si down the road.

I admit the trim line for the hatch is a bit weird. I'm sure honda has it's reasons and has done extensive research. Sadly they can't cater to the 2% of buyers that are enthusiasts while ignoring the other 98% of their buyers, thats just business. However, has anyone seen the 2017 mazda3 trim lineup? they scaled it way down and have much much more restricted features/manual offerings than they did before on the 2016.

Every other day the price estimation of the CTR seems to creep up another $1k. The new CTR would never sell priced $40k or more. Honda knows this. It's not class competitive nor necessary. Expect the CTR to be $30-33k max (possible track edition could be offered that adds the spoiler and other special bits over the base CTR which will be the "cheap" sport entry).

People seem to be creating new problems and worries based only on the current information that happens to be coming out that day instead of looking at what we've seen from the 10th gen and honda from day 1, as well honda and the civic historically speaking. You have to look at the overall picture and not just the limit amount of info given on a single day, as well as tossing in some common sense and marketing know how to create a more realistic picture of what we can expect.

Not a rant, or meant to target anyone. Just my overall summation of current events and what i expect we'll see in the coming months from Honda. Take it as you will. I've been following the 10th gen from day 1 when the concept debuted, i ignited a crap storm online from the fake spec sheets i created (they were just meant to be a fun conversation starter!), and i might mention my spec/trim sheets weren't too far off from what actually happened so i suppose i'm pretty good at guessing honda's game so far. All we can do is wait and see. And sadly some of us may end up going to mazda or ford instead due to honda's packaging of the new civics. That's just how the car business works. Let's all be happy we have so many options to choose from.

HoNDA pARTS gUY_GA

Just a dude from Atlanta.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC COUPE EX-T
If they sell the sport 6mt for a higher price than the sedan ex-t 6mt they are loony. At this point it almost seems like a deliberate attempt to make the manual obsolete. "See no one wants a manual, so we're discontinuing it." Yeah, because you offered it in the shitcan models. You're not slick, Honda.
$21,300 for MT - confirmed. I actually legally cant post that document though.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
same goes for Sensing models of each trim level :(
Definitely one of the pitfalls of it being built in the UK... it's going to have a pretty slow start and higher trims/variations are going to be staggered release in order to build stock of the core money making models.
Sponsored