2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Glad I got my Touring 4 door. Sorry but that Hatchblooks to much like a body kit car from TFTF.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info upload_2016-9-21_10-19-22

I don't know man. Even in spite of the wacky colors on here, I think the new cars look cleaner, more finished, than a lot of the 2F2F cars! I'm going to guess the aftermarket support will be great, and the 2019 or 2020 Civic will have 'corrected' bumpers!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
The vin doesnt show sensing or not, in the sedans and coupes the sensing runs t up $1,000, but since on the Hatch it also adds auto highbeam the package price may be different.

Braxford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Seeing this just pisses me off all over again that they shat so hard on manual enthusiasts with this car. The sport is a joke. Literally zero useful features over the lx. I reallllly wanted to convince myself I can compromise and deal with Honda's crap packaging for the hatch manual, (overlooking the lack of AA/CarPlay, heated seats, crappy 4 speaker stereo, no camera) but I honestly cannot make myself spend money on a brand new car that doesn't have variable intermittent wipers. WTF Honda.
It feels like such a let down, doesn't it? I was extremely excited about the Sport Trim until, like you, read the details. 18" alloys over 17"...cool, but no sunroof, no lane watch, no EX features?! F--- You Honda, seriously.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It feels like such a let down, doesn't it? I was extremely excited about the Sport Trim until, like you, read the details. 18" alloys over 17"...cool, but no sunroof, no lane watch, no EX features?! F--- You Honda, seriously.
Come get a Canadian model then :yes:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Well I would assume you pay your taxes. Since the exchange rate works in your favour right now the increase cost probably wouldn't be too bad. Then you void warranty since you don't have a Canadian address. You also have to deal with temperature readings and stuff in metric.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I sort of understand what Honda is doing. The Sport is simply a sportier version of the base LX. The Sport Touring is the sport/luxury model. The problem is, there's no in between and that's the issue I have. The Sport is too stripped down for what I want. The Sport Touring is out of my price league. Why the hell didn't Honda offer the EX hatch with a 6 speed option like it will in the sedan and coupe? That would've been the sweet spot for a lot of enthusiasts.

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO CVT 4DR // 2001 IS300 2JZ 3.0L // 2000 F250 CCSB 7.3L
Country flag
dami mite be trading in my 16civic for hatch :) and 6sp

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Well I would assume you pay your taxes. Since the exchange rate works in your favour right now the increase cost probably wouldn't be too bad. Then you void warranty since you don't have a Canadian address. You also have to deal with temperature readings and stuff in metric.
All good points except the metric readings - since the Civic has a electronic dash, changing those readings is pretty simple. I suspect there's a setting buried in the infotainment to do it, and if not, a friend a dealership could probably do it for a case of beer.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
180bhp with the sport dual exhaust. It would be great add that to the Sedan!

Looking at these trim levels, I really wonder where the Si is going to fall. Will it get the adjustable suspension of the Eurohatch? Which engine will it get?

I'm guessing that the Si will be very similar to the rumored 200hp euro Type-S and we will get the adjustable suspension and MT that the enthusiasts want, but at a price somewhat below where the hard core CTR guys are.

I just don't know where the engine is going.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually, it is in the instrument cluster.
All good points except the metric readings - since the Civic has a electronic dash, changing those readings is pretty simple. I suspect there's a setting buried in the infotainment to do it, and if not, a friend a dealership could probably do it for a case of beer.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info image

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
180bhp with the sport dual exhaust. It would be great add that to the Sedan!

Looking at these trim levels, I really wonder where the Si is going to fall. Will it get the adjustable suspension of the Eurohatch? Which engine will it get?

I'm guessing that the Si will be very similar to the rumored 200hp euro Type-S and we will get the adjustable suspension and MT that the enthusiasts want, but at a price somewhat below where the hard core CTR guys are.

I just don't know where the engine is going.
I predict we'll see a "Sport" treatment of the Sedan at the MMC, if not earlier. Si sporty looks, slightly uprated power, LX+ level goodies, available CVT.

I'll be surprised if the Si gets the adjustable suspension, but I predict the CTR will. I think they're planning on positioning the CTR as a more mainstream model (i.e., a better DD with more lux goodies and an the ability to put the car into "real world" mode - suspension, tuning, steering, etc) that happens to be a screamer on the track.

The euro Type-S is limited in displacement by Euro tax considerations, and the predictions of 200hp from the motor tells me that Honda can't reliably get more out of it. 200hp will not cut it in a new Si, especially with the "sport" 1.5 pulling 180 - so they'll stuff the 2.0T into the Si with 220-230 hp.
Sponsored