2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos

SENTINEL7

S E N T I N E L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic
All joking aside, does anyone have the external dimensions for the hatch? Length, Height, Width etc. Can't find that ish anywhere.
Sponsored

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Things I don't like about the hatch...

1. Sport is a LX with 18" rims and center exhaust.
2. Rear wiper blade
3. Black or gunmetal rims..

Honda2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I stopped yesterday to take a look at a black hatch. I've been waiting like all of you in hopes that it would look better in the flesh as most Honda's do, and I understand styling is subjective, believe me. But I just can't get over the front end view looking at an angle from the side. The different bumper adds a length to it that looks so bad (worse than a current Altima) I can't get over it. I'm going to head back again to stare a little more and see if I can change my own mind, but as of now, it looks like a garbled mess. Also, with that bumper, the amount of body from the wheel well to the top of the hood looks so thick I can't even.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's okay Honda2112... maybe wait and see it different colors.. The color can change your complete focal point. Like I like the coupe only if it's green otherwise I want a Ralleye Red hatchback.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say is I've seen it in person and it just doesn't look right. The sedan and coupe simply look better. Keep in mind I want something that I will like for years to come and to me Honda has made too many odd styling decisions with the hatch.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Personally I think it looks better on the hatch. The other just looks like a bubble whereas this has a more aggressive and angular style

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Just got in our first 17 hatch, an EX CVT in black, just back from a test drive. Love the car. Was hard for me to bring it back, hadn't even been PDI-ed (pre delivery inspection) and still rode better than my 13 SI I previously had. The improved suspension helps. Don't even think I'll miss the manual,as it seemed the CVT responds better to the throttle than the turbo sedans I have driven at the dealership.
Kind of torn whether to wait for the black sport I have on order or just buy this EX. Just wish the Sport had a more premium stereo, the 8 speaker system on the EX sounds good, as well as the better radio display. I do like the center exhaust on the Sport, all grades should have that.
As several others have said I think the hatch looks better in person than in pictures, the chiseled styling pops in person.
The fit and finish is excellent. It was raining today, I'll take some pics when it gets cleaned and post later. Thanks for all the pics and info from everyone.:dance:

bsirk3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EXL with sensing Ordered.
Just got in our first 17 hatch, an EX CVT in black, just back from a test drive. Love the car. Was hard for me to bring it back, hadn't even been PDI-ed (pre delivery inspection) and still rode better than my 13 SI I previously had. The improved suspension helps. Don't even think I'll miss the manual,as it seemed the CVT responds better to the throttle than the turbo sedans I have driven at the dealership.
Kind of torn whether to wait for the black sport I have on order or just buy this EX. Just wish the Sport had a more premium stereo, the 8 speaker system on the EX sounds good, as well as the better radio display. I do like the center exhaust on the Sport, all grades should have that.
As several others have said I think the hatch looks better in person than in pictures, the chiseled styling pops in person.
The fit and finish is excellent. It was raining today, I'll take some pics when it gets cleaned and post later. Thanks for all the pics and info from everyone.:dance:
Still waiting for my dealership to get some in, now saying next week. Although I'm going to *try* to wait until the sensing EX's come out I can't wait to take one out for a test drive. Question...I was originally looking at the HR-V and was not a fan of the flooring, not carpet. What is the floor like in the civic? Not that it's a deal breaker as I'll buy a liner, just curious. Thanks!

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Just noticed my local dealer has two listed on their website, and they don't have pics up yet (I'm guessing they're too new and they haven't gotten to that yet). Going tomorrow to check them out. One says "blue" (assuming Aegean) and the other says "black".

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
joedog.......did you paid MSRP or MSRP+ .........???
TT-OO
I work in sales at the dealership, hope to be able to get a deal on it. I'm just going to lease, I've leased several times. Like the low payment and I get tired of cars, usually ready for a new one in three years.
Sponsored