2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos

SENTINEL7

S E N T I N E L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic
So I just saw the funky gray face to face. The car has a great stance, looks real solid. The color is not AS ugly in person as it is on this post but it still left a funny after taste.
In regards to getting a deal, the salewoman said that they won't budge on price at all. If anything, I should expect a mark up with the accessories that they are going to add. She said that this car is gonna be a hot seller for years to come. I kind of believe her. I guess now would be a good time to scoop up a 2012 Si haha
Sponsored

SENTINEL7

S E N T I N E L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic
Oh and lastly, the hatch is going to be roughly 21,000 after tags, titles, and fees...for that price you cannot expect us to take those rims. Like I literally looked at them and cringed violently. Those wheels, and let me be frank, are the cheapest, ugliest things that I have seen in ten years. It kind of looks like someone spray painted a styrofoam plate and bolted them onto the hub. Please go look at them for yourself. You will laugh just like I did. For 20K I expect at least Enkei style. Fugly rims. Rant over.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Oh and lastly, the hatch is going to be roughly 21,000 after tags, titles, and fees...for that price you cannot expect us to take those rims. Like I literally looked at them and cringed violently. Those wheels, and let me be frank, are the cheapest, ugliest things that I have seen in ten years. It kind of looks like someone spray painted a styrofoam plate and bolted them onto the hub. Please go look at them for yourself. You will laugh just like I did. For 20K I expect at least Enkei style. Fugly rims. Rant over.
Different topic sortof, but I saw several Sedans today that had black steelies (lacking wheel covers I suppose) and the car looked great!

iWantaHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ExlNavi,2016 PiloTouring
Different topic sortof, but I saw several Sedans today that had black steelies (lacking wheel covers I suppose) and the car looked great!
I kind of freaked out when I saw the Rims myself I'm waiting for at least a sport for the wheels maybe even sport touring?
Maybe I'll bite the bullet and get some rims, decisions decisions

One thing I did notice was that the sedan seems like the back seats are easier to access

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
I think everyone will love this color when they see it in person on the sport touring model. For some reason those pictures aren't doing it justice

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One thing I did notice was that the sedan seems like the back seats are easier to access
Yeah I get the sense that the back door on the hatch is slightly smaller, but I think the sedan roof slopes sooner than the hatch. Kind of hoping the hatch is the more 'practical' choice as I still need to be sure to overcome all wife-ular objections (to the TypeR as a family car-replacing my 8th gen Si)

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
For the life of me, I can't figure out why they still went with the chrome door trim. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
Cost. It costs more to produce and stock two styles of window trim parts vs. one. Basically a return on investment issue. Why bother, from Honda's standpoint. Nothing to gain from it, and just increased cost to lose from it. Some designer probably asked for black trim, and it got axed by the budget guys.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hit up @HondaCustSvc on Twitter about the disappointment that we don't see the models they see in Canada and they did get back to me in an apologetic tone but I don't think anything would ever come from it.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hit up @HondaCustSvc on Twitter about the disappointment that we don't see the models they see in Canada and they did get back to me in an apologetic tone but I don't think anything would ever come from it.
US got shafted big time vs. Canada and Europe. :wave: Honda, we like premium features too...

nando81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TL 2006
Well guess I will wait to see if they do not sell this car due to color , they will budge in price. I thought Enkie made wheels for Honda too , as I know they make them for Acura.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
So I just saw the funky gray face to face. The car has a great stance, looks real solid. The color is not AS ugly in person as it is on this post but it still left a funny after taste.
In regards to getting a deal, the salewoman said that they won't budge on price at all. If anything, I should expect a mark up with the accessories that they are going to add. She said that this car is gonna be a hot seller for years to come. I kind of believe her. I guess now would be a good time to scoop up a 2012 Si haha
That would have been your cue to say "Yo, it's a Civic." 2016s are going for $2k off already. I'm waiting til December, not paying sticker for a Honda without a Type R badge.