2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos

bsirk3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EXL with sensing Ordered.
Unfortunately not. The site said they had a black and a blue, but the salesman said they hadn't finished everything they needed to do on the black one yet to have it out for show, and this one was actually inside their showroom. I probably could have driven it if I pushed hard enough, but I'm not actually going to buy one right now so I felt the hassle of getting it out of the showroom for someone who isn't going to buy it was a bit much.
Can't wait to hear how it goes for the early buyers,first run issues and such.
Sponsored

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
So I just saw the funky gray face to face. The car has a great stance, looks real solid. The color is not AS ugly in person as it is on this post but it still left a funny after taste.
In regards to getting a deal, the salewoman said that they won't budge on price at all. If anything, I should expect a mark up with the accessories that they are going to add. She said that this car is gonna be a hot seller for years to come. I kind of believe her. I guess now would be a good time to scoop up a 2012 Si haha
I am in sales for Honda. Don't believe what she is saying. There won't be any special deals right away, but it isn't going to be a big seller. Yes it is a cool car, and yes I am buying one, but hatchbacks make up a total of 4% of the market. That means dealerships will sit on them for a bit.

kayaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Hi. I've been lurking here for a while to see what others thought of the hatchback. Yesterday I put a deposit down on an aegean blue EX hatch with the CVT. I figured it'd be nice to join here so I can offer my own price point.

At least in my area (about an hour north of NYC) they WERE willing to negotiate. The sticker price was $23,635 and I was able to get an agreement to purchase at $23,000 ... and 20% off any accessories.

They're trading another EX on the lot for a blue one somewhere else, so it'll be a few days before I can do the deal. Assuming no dealer shenanigans/price surprises later, I should have it within a week.

- Kayaker

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Hi. I've been lurking here for a while to see what others thought of the hatchback. Yesterday I put a deposit down on an aegean blue EX hatch with the CVT. I figured it'd be nice to join here so I can offer my own price point.

At least in my area (about an hour north of NYC) they WERE willing to negotiate. The sticker price was $23,635 and I was able to get an agreement to purchase at $23,000 ... and 20% off any accessories.

They're trading another EX on the lot for a blue one somewhere else, so it'll be a few days before I can do the deal. Assuming no dealer shenanigans/price surprises later, I should have it within a week.

- Kayaker
Congratulations! That's not a bad deal at all. Most dealerships charge a 400$ fee to go dealer trade a car with someone else as well, so if you didn't have to pay that then that's good.

kayaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Congratulations! That's not a bad deal at all. Most dealerships charge a 400$ fee to go dealer trade a car with someone else as well, so if you didn't have to pay that then that's good.
Thanks, Jay! Hmm... the sales guy didn't mention a trade charge. I hope they didn't slip that into the agreement without telling me. That'd definitely be a deal breaker. I doubt they did, though, since I imagine I would have at least had to initial a line item for that.

I took it for a short test drive. I'm moving from a 2011 Mazda 3 hatch, which I'm passing on to my son. The Civic feels much larger and more... refined, I guess.... in the way it drives. I suppose you could say the Mazda is more "fun" to drive - more road feel, or whatever. But at this point in my life I like the more substantial feel of the Civic and it still has PLENTY of pep. The Mazda was a bit like driving a go kart. I've had a few manual transmission cars but my last few have been automatics. I wish I could give a better description of the CVT but I didn't really notice it much. Maybe that's a complement. It definitely wasn't offensive. The interior feels well thought out and all the new bells and whistles are fun.

Jaydles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Civic Si
Why is there a line at the bottom left of the rear bump fake grill and not at the bottom right. My ocd is bothering me here.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos ima

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos ima

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Are there more of those sonic gray pics, it looks good in those.

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
maybe that's where you attach a tow hook?? Idk, just throwing out an idea lol.

Jaydles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Civic Si
They were taken at night. Color looks way better in low light. Haha but no not a tow hook. Haha. I looked underneath the car and seems as there is no legit reason it should be there.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
They were taken at night. Color looks way better in low light. Haha but no not a tow hook. Haha. I looked underneath the car and seems as there is no legit reason it should be there.
Thanks, definitely looks better in low light, but I still prefer white or blue.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I agree about that line. I've seen it in all pics so it's there for a reason I guess. But to me, it looks like a defect.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sonic Grey looks great in this pic...

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos Capture.JPG

Here's an LX in Aegean...

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos Casspture.JPG

Aegean EX looking sharp...

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos Captsssure.JPG