2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX Manual, 1991 Honda Crx Hf, 1988 Honda Lx Sedan 5 Speed Manual, 2010 Toyota Prius Package 3 with solar sunroof, 1977 Toyota Celica Liftback
I just was on the Canada Honda website and I am totally confused because from what I seen on building a hatchback you can get a 6 speed manual all the way up to the Sport Touring?? I thought that it was only available in the LX, and the Sport model only?? Someone please respond about this. If this is so and the US is not able to get a 6 speed above the Sport model I will be really upset about this because the Touring hatch on 6 speed is what we have been waiting for!

taigebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just was on the Canada Honda website and I am totally confused because from what I seen on building a hatchback you can get a 6 speed manual all the way up to the Sport Touring?? I thought that it was only available in the LX, and the Sport model only?? Someone please respond about this. If this is so and the US is not able to get a 6 speed above the Sport model I will be really upset about this because the Touring hatch on 6 speed is what we have been waiting for!
Yes you're right the Canadian Hatchbacks have manuals all the way up to Sport Touring. Not the case in the US hatch though...

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yup, 6MT avalible across all trims in Canada. LX, Sport MT, Sport CVT with HS, Sport Touring with both transmissions

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX Manual, 1991 Honda Crx Hf, 1988 Honda Lx Sedan 5 Speed Manual, 2010 Toyota Prius Package 3 with solar sunroof, 1977 Toyota Celica Liftback
Well that really sucks! I can't believe the US is not able to get the 6 speed manual in the Touring and only in the LX and Sport trims. I am very very hurt about this!

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would Canada and who knows what other countries could get the manual tranny in the Touring and the US can't?? What would be the reason here is the states for the manual in the LX, Sport only? I don't understand and I called American Honda and they just say "Thats how they designed it"

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
I think having acura here might be why. Just a hunch-Could be wrong. Makes no sense at all.
Hoping the Si fixes all this Bologna

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Why would Canada and who knows what other countries could get the manual tranny in the Touring and the US can't?? What would be the reason here is the states for the manual in the LX, Sport only? I don't understand and I called American Honda and they just say "Thats how they designed it"
Because the majority of Americans don't drive standard compared to Canadian or Europe. Honda spends ton of money on marketing and focus groups to determine the viability of selling trim options. Sure, they can spend the R&D making a 6MT ST trim, you'll buy it, no one else will then Honda technically has done fucked up.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Because the majority of Americans don't drive standard compared to Canadian or Europe. Honda spends ton of money on marketing and focus groups to determine the viability of selling trim options. Sure, they can spend the R&D making a 6MT ST trim, you'll buy it, no one else will then Honda technically has done fucked up.
Hate to say it but CVTs are getting better too. I drove a Forester XT (with the WRX's turbo), and it sucked due to the CVT. But I drove the 2016 Civic EX-T, and that CVT is pretty good, it certainly doesn't make the car suck like in many previous CVTs.

Car companies in general offer many more customization choices overseas, because customers demand it. We're less picky here in the US as a whole, so they can shaft us and get away with it.

podgeandrodge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Megane
Here's a video from a Honda Dealer Youtube page - looks nice in black and a nice looking car ...
actually, this is a good video, shows a good bit of the car!

Last edited:

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos fjEQVDi
this picture probably won't be as good as other that have uploaded, but this was the blue EX-L my local dealer had (Tuscaloosa Alabama). It's absolutely gorgeous in person. I love that they replaced much of the chrome with black, and the wheels work well with it.

bsirk3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EXL with sensing Ordered.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos fjEQVDi
this picture probably won't be as good as other that have uploaded, but this was the blue EX-L my local dealer had (Tuscaloosa Alabama). It's absolutely gorgeous in person. I love that they replaced much of the chrome with black, and the wheels work well with it.
Did you test drive?

Ukraineleo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord Coupe
Your picture is better than most here. You took it from a good angle that doesn't make the car look awkward. :thumbsup:

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Did you test drive?
Unfortunately not. The site said they had a black and a blue, but the salesman said they hadn't finished everything they needed to do on the black one yet to have it out for show, and this one was actually inside their showroom. I probably could have driven it if I pushed hard enough, but I'm not actually going to buy one right now so I felt the hassle of getting it out of the showroom for someone who isn't going to buy it was a bit much.
Sponsored