2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Honda is kinda known for creating packages that don't meet everyone's needs... this is why you can't expect to ever get it all in one car...

for instance... i want to have Honda Sensing and I want the Type-R... I know that combo won't happen so i weigh what I want more and go with that option.
That's putting it mildly.

Honda is known specifically for building precisely and exactly the car many of us want, and then selling it only in Europe or Canada. I can understand not importing a car from Europe (eg, 9th gen CTR) to the US - but everything Honda sells in Canada has been designed with US regulations in mind, so artificially limiting availability of those trim/option combinations is a pure marketing decision.

I suspect that Honda is going to redeem itself this time around with the Si - especially the Si hatch. If they don't, I'll have to choose something else yet again. Were I poor and/or young with low expectations, I'd consider the Sport - but it's going to be at least 20 more years before I even begin to consider a car without a sunroof, nav, heated seats and a stick shift.
Sponsored

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
In my very honest opinion, if you're going to buy a hatch and want it to be significantly be different than the sedan, the only option you have is to either buy a Sport or a Sport Touring - because in only of those two trims are you going to find something that's vastly different than the sedan counterparts. Everything else in between, I'll ask this question - WHY? Why would you buy a hatch if it looks worse than the sedan with less space? The only trims the hatch looks better than the coupe and sedan counterparts is only Sport and ST. Everything else though, the coupe and sedan does better already.

This is IMO.

Tranito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2012 sedan
In my very honest opinion, if you're going to buy a hatch and want it to be significantly be different than the sedan, the only option you have is to either buy a Sport or a Sport Touring - because in only of those two trims are you going to find something that's vastly different than the sedan counterparts. Everything else in between, I'll ask this question - WHY? Why would you buy a hatch if it looks worse than the sedan with less space? The only trims the hatch looks better than the coupe and sedan counterparts is only Sport and ST. Everything else though, the coupe and sedan does better already.

This is IMO.
Or maybe you want the turbo engine and don't want to shell out EX-T money? Entry level LX hatchback gets you the turbo fwiw, which is nice.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
And here are the remaining pics... Some two tone interior shots too!!
Thanks for the pics @the1dynasty If I needed a car now, I'd be all over the new hatch, but I'm seriously stuck on the R, hopefully we all get a nice surprise from the Paris show!

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the pics @the1dynasty If I needed a car now, I'd be all over the new hatch, but I'm seriously stuck on the R, hopefully we all get a nice surprise from the Paris show!
yeah... i'm crossing my fingers for that R info too hahahaha

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag

This is IMO.
Because you value cargo space over passenger space? Which the hatch would clearly have more of.

And the whole point of its aesthetics is very subjective. I personally think the hatch looks a lot better than sedan or coupe. But everyone is going to have their own opinion on that.

bsirk3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EXL with sensing Ordered.
Because you value cargo space over passenger space? Which the hatch would clearly have more of.

And the whole point of its aesthetics is very subjective. I personally think the hatch looks a lot better than sedan or coupe. But everyone is going to have their own opinion on that.
Exactly! Everyone has their own specific needs in a car. I'm coming from a CRV and was originally looking at the HRV because I still want some utility, just not as much. I've always had to have the mom car, I'm hoping this hits the sweet spot in between. Only thing I'm worried about now is if I can sit that low after having an SUV for so long (16yrs). I don't want to look like a teenager but something sportier appeals to me now.

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX and 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Country flag

This is IMO.
This might surprise you but the majority of people don't buy hatchbacks for styling reasons. I'll take you to Ikea or Home Depot and show you tons of reasons someone might want a hatchback over a sedan. Besides weekend errand running for stuff for the house I also have 3 large dogs and at least a few times a year I have to bring them all somewhere at the same time... no sedan works like a hatch or CUV with the seats down in a situation like that.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
This might surprise you but the majority of people don't buy hatchbacks for styling reasons. I'll take you to Ikea or Home Depot and show you tons of reasons someone might want a hatchback over a sedan. Besides weekend errand running for stuff for the house I also have 3 large dogs and at least a few times a year I have to bring them all somewhere at the same time... no sedan works like a hatch or CUV with the seats down in a situation like that.
^ this.

"Styling" is obviously subjective (the fact that anybody lowers their car or shops at JC Witney is testimony to that), but practicality - given a particular application - is difficult to argue with.

I happen to think the hatch is far and away the most attractive body style, followed by sedans - both for the Civic and for cars in general. The only thing more attractive than a hatch is a well-penned wagon, but hatches are far more flingable as a general rule. It just so happens that both of these are supremely practical and useful as well.

Buzz_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Honda is kinda known for creating packages that don't meet everyone's needs... this is why you can't expect to ever get it all in one car...

for instance... i want to have Honda Sensing and I want the Type-R... I know that combo won't happen so i weigh what I want more and go with that option.
To ask for sensing on a manual transmission car that is designed to be tracked is a little more unusual than asking for a manual transmission and a decent stereo or the 7" touchscreen with AA/Carplay. I don't think that's too unreasonable.

I'm not going to spend the extra few thousand on an Si or Type R to get what I need. If they don't offer the manual on the EX for the second year's run I'll probably just pass on the hatchback. I'll give my money to a carmaker who doesn't manipulate their customers to this extent.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To ask for sensing on a manual transmission car that is designed to be tracked is a little more unusual than asking for a manual transmission and a decent stereo or the 7" touchscreen with AA/Carplay. I don't think that's too unreasonable.

I'm not going to spend the extra few thousand on an Si or Type R to get what I need. If they don't offer the manual on the EX for the second year's run I'll probably just pass on the hatchback. I'll give my money to a carmaker who doesn't manipulate their customers to this extent.
What you want is just as likely to happen as my ideas...

2016 didn't even offer a 6MT on the 1.5T and now it's on the 2017 and you expect them to bring it to an EX for 18?

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First hatch leaving the lot to a happy customer who traded in their 2015 Pilot... I was not the salesman on this but I wanted to share anyways!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic EX Hatchback In New Sonic Gray Pearl - First Dealership Photos IMG_20160927_203959

209Bodian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si
I'll take the manual hatchback in white with the HFP wheels. Only thing better would be 3 door hatch. Still very cool tho.

SENTINEL7

S E N T I N E L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic
Got two of these in stock today at Rick Case Honda Davie, FL... This is the black one we have in our main showroom... I'll upload another post with the white one...

Some things I've noticed here are:
- I REALLY like the hatchback more than the sedan/coupe... It's not even a question after seeing it in person...
- No Easter egg printed on the bottom of the center console rubber thingy (see next post for a pic)
- the speakers in the rear are mounted in the door along with the tweeters... Sound is better than sedan with this setup I think!
- two tone option on certain colours? (See the white pics below)
- more rear headroom
- more cargo space than pics can show
- better visibility through the rearview mirror (see next post for an image of the mirror view). The entire mirror is window and clearly visible.
- no expanded drivers mirror line (see below post)
- no subwoofer (EXL model shown in both posts)
- darker accent pieces on the interior to match the darker wheels.
- black headliner (was previously mentioned that only sport and sport touring would get this)
- rear headrests are not separate

If I think of more later, I'll try to update this post... Enjoy the pics for now!

IMG_20160926_150329.jpg

IMG_20160926_175843.jpg

IMG_20160926_150409.jpg

IMG_20160926_150421.jpg

IMG_20160926_180846.jpg

IMG_20160926_150303.jpg

IMG_20160926_150345.jpg

IMG_20160926_151225.jpg

IMG_20160926_150315.jpg

IMG_20160926_183402.jpg

IMG_20160926_180914.jpg

IMG_20160926_150716.jpg

IMG_20160926_150359.jpg
You put "Rick Case" on the bumper of that new Honda. I don't understand.