BOJANGLES

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC
What did they say?
After the dealer replaced the cylinder head the noise is now gone. The dealership handled this in an oustanding fashion. The service manager explained the entire process and since they provided me with a loaner vehicle to use while I was without our vehicle I feel Honda really backed their product up with great service AFTER the sale.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
After the dealer replaced the cylinder head the noise is now gone. The dealership handled this in an oustanding fashion. The service manager explained the entire process and since they provided me with a loaner vehicle to use while I was without our vehicle I feel Honda really backed their product up with great service AFTER the sale.
Is your problem described in a different post with the cam shaft being damaged? If i were you i’d request long block replacement. You don’t know wher cylinder walls looked like, plus all that metal flowing around didn’t do any good for your turbo..

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wish you got a video of the sound before you turned it in :S

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Is your problem described in a different post with the cam shaft being damaged? If i were you i’d request long block replacement. You don’t know wher cylinder walls looked like, plus all that metal flowing around didn’t do any good for your turbo..
Perhaps a UOA could pick that up.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Perhaps a UOA could pick that up.
Depends how much of the damage it caused. There’s a chance there will be no sypmtoms first for a little while. But i’d be definetely monitoring oil consumption and do the UOA within a thousand or so. Cutting the filter would be a great idea as well

cameljockey1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have a 2018 Si with stage 1 PRL intake and Ktuner with base map and sport 23psi. Since last week only on cold start i hear a knock. After Warm up it is gone. I use 93 Octane from costco. I might switch gas stations to see if it will change. I only have 2500 mile on it. Any ideas on the cold start knock?

VinoKB24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI FC3
Country flag
Need some advice if anyone knows, I uploaded a video which I’m assuming is knock control since mine sits at 1.09 most of the time, it does go down from at times but the lowest I’ve seen it drop to is .88, I’m trying to figure out what’s the cause of this or what the issue even is.

thanks in advance