2017 Civic coupe dead battery. Warranty?

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Ok so I got a Civic coupe on literally the last day of 2017. The battery is not charging. Is this converted under warranty? Is it the battery or something else? I'm in the south btw, but not Florida.
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
The factory batteries are awful. Consider yourself fortunate that yours lasted as long as it did. If Honda did replace it; they'd likely replace it with another awful one.

Read a few of the threads at the bottom of the page. I'd avoid the AGM ones and just go with a mid grade from one of the chain stores. Write down your settings before you change it 'cause they'll go away. Make sure everything of powered off. And don't loosen the terminal screws any more than you have to to take them off.

OP
OP

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
I"m down for that. What settings do I need to write down?

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
go talk to the dealer and see what they will do. if they want to pro rate it, leave and go to Costco and buy a new battery for $80. get one of these and keep the settings

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
go talk to the dealer and see what they will do. if they want to pro rate it, leave and go to Costco and buy a new battery for $80. get one of these and keep the settings

Good tip re: the battery memory saver, but I wouldn't recommend the one used in that video. Most folks don't have a spare car battery lying around. Something like this - powered by a 9-volt - is a little more convenient. Or you can spend more and get something like this with a built-in battery. (disclaimer: I don't know anything about these particular items/brands, they were just the top hits on Amazon for these types of products).

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Factory battery is covered for 3yr/36k miles from purchase date.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Factory battery is covered for 3yr/36k miles from purchase date.
Yes they changed my battery under warranty bought the car feb 2018 battery died aug 2020 with 33k