molly88

First Name
Molly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 2017
Hi guys,

Here's a new problem I just can't figure out....my iphone connects fine by bluetooth to my 2017 Civic LX, I have the basic model LX. The phone works and the music plays. BUT, when my husband connects his phone by bluetooth, the phone works fine as far as making and receiving calls, but when he tries to play music, it says "no bluetooth connection" and no music plays, even though it's connected. It's maddening and of course, all the music is on his phone. Any ideas???
Sponsored

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys,

Here's a new problem I just can't figure out....my iphone connects fine by bluetooth to my 2017 Civic LX, I have the basic model LX. The phone works and the music plays. BUT, when my husband connects his phone by bluetooth, the phone works fine as far as making and receiving calls, but when he tries to play music, it says "no bluetooth connection" and no music plays, even though it's connected. It's maddening and of course, all the music is on his phone. Any ideas???
I had the same problem with my LX and my iphone, I think that I found a fix. Go into his phone settings, under bluetooth delete the car as a paired device. Then re-pair the car and the phone. Music should play through bluetooth after this.

The issue seems to arise whenever the phone is connected via USB and you play music via USB instead of bluetooth. If I try switching back to bluetooth after that it will only work for phone calls / voice commands, but will not play music until I forget the car as a bluetooth device and re-pair them together.

I haven't found a permanent fix for this, but it doesn't bother me too much. The audio quality through the USB is much better than bluetooth and I can charge my phone while playing music. If he wants to always use bluetooth then just tell him to never switch the audio setting to "USB" while he is charging his phone. Otherwise he will have to follow the steps above to get bluetooth working again.

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
Hi guys,

I have the same issue but with the 7 inch infotainment. How it works is when you pair it it should ask you if you want phone and music or one or the other. Go to Bluetooth devices list and re-pair the phone and select music connection

OP
OP

molly88

First Name
Molly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 2017
I had the same problem with my LX and my iphone, I think that I found a fix. Go into his phone settings, under bluetooth delete the car as a paired device. Then re-pair the car and the phone. Music should play through bluetooth after this.

The issue seems to arise whenever the phone is connected via USB and you play music via USB instead of bluetooth. If I try switching back to bluetooth after that it will only work for phone calls / voice commands, but will not play music until I forget the car as a bluetooth device and re-pair them together.

I haven't found a permanent fix for this, but it doesn't bother me too much. The audio quality through the USB is much better than bluetooth and I can charge my phone while playing music. If he wants to always use bluetooth then just tell him to never switch the audio setting to "USB" while he is charging his phone. Otherwise he will have to follow the steps above to get bluetooth working again.
This worked. Thank you!
Sponsored