Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
My A/C was broken. First Honda dealer told me I had to pay the check up fee. Told they to ***.
Went back to where I bought the car, they checked it for free, replace it for free. Even changed a gasket for free because there was oil leaking.
It was a 3 hours job for a big 0$.

I got an letter for an extended warranty on the A/C. So if it goes bad again I’ll just go back there
Sponsored

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Wait a minute... I just noticed that it says 2016-2018 models and yours is a 2019? Interesting- I don’t know what that means you might be exempt from it. The lawyers might be interested to know that the issue might be ongoing. You could just email and ask won’t hurt.
19 is basically identical to 18 other than Honda Sensing being standard I believe. Especially on the Sport models nothing really changed.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
19 is basically identical to 18 other than Honda Sensing being standard I believe. Especially on the Sport models nothing really changed.
I think some people (or maybe Honda too) hoped that only 2016-2018 models are affected. It seems that the 2019 models are just not old enough to mass-develop symptoms.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I think some people (or maybe Honda too) hoped that only 2016-2018 models are affected. It seems that the 2019 models are just not old enough to mass-develop symptoms.
Well. Lucky me I suppose lol

I'll update this tomorrow after hearing from them.

OP
OP
HayaiKuruma

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
Like I said, just make sure there’s no damage and it should be covered under warranty.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
You wont get an argument from me, but -especially with lawyers- it's all in the details. Millions have been lost because someone forgot to put in an apostrophe. One WOULD think after five years Honda would put more quality control into this issue but this, and other threads seems to demonstrate otherwise. I really bugs me I cannot get the (non- buggy) civic I want at ANY price despite so many options.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
So they just called me and told me the compressor took a shit and they are changing it out for me. Of course they didn't have one so they had to run to another dealership to get one but otherwise it sounds like they're taking care of it.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
So they just called me and told me the compressor took a shit and they are changing it out for me. Of course they didn't have one so they had to run to another dealership to get one but otherwise it sounds like they're taking care of it.
You’re still covered by the 3 year/36000 mile warranty right?

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
You’re still covered by the 3 year/36000 mile warranty right?
Yup.

Just worried about it happening again outside of warranty with everything I've been reading.

I came from 20 years of owning Toyota's and never had a single issue other than standard maintenance. I'm not used to having to worry about things failing.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup.

Just worried about it happening again outside of warranty with everything I've been reading.

I came from 20 years of owning Toyota's and never had a single issue other than standard maintenance. I'm not used to having to worry about things failing.
Even my 6th gen Civic before had good and durable a/c system. Don’t know what happened to Honda’s a/c after 2001 since our 2003 CR-V’s compressor failed as well before the 3 year mark. Keihin was the manufacturer.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Would be lying if I said I haven't been poking around on the Toyota website the last few days. Just wish these Corolla's weren't so ugly.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Would be lying if I said I haven't been poking around on the Toyota website the last few days. Just wish these Corolla's weren't so ugly.
My wife’s ‘08 Rav4 only had a refrigerant recharge, other than that, the a/c is strong and cold.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
My wife’s ‘08 Rav4 only had a refrigerant recharge, other than that, the a/c is strong and cold.
My 2013 Tundra had probably the coldest AC I'd ever felt. The Civic, from day one, never compared.
Sponsored