OP
HayaiKuruma

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
Good news. While waiting on hold for about 25 minutes last night, somebody from Honda CC finally answered the phone. They told me a good will allowance was appropriate and that a regional rep will contact me in the next day or 2. They also asked for the dealer name and service advisor. She said it won’t be 100% covered so I’m hoping 90%.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HayaiKuruma

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
Cars at the dealership getting the new compresso.r. I’m paying a $200.00 deductible. I’ll take that over $2200.00 any day! Thank you Honda !

Of course now I’m worried about the longevity of the A/C system in general.

kwei1513

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
You are literally in the same boat i was in. I only drive 6 miles to work there and back. I drive a 2017 Civic hatch sport touring that i bought in February 2017. My girlfriend and i work at the same place and so we car pull. one week i drive and and one week she drives. Also i haven't used my AC since last summer till now. It was a hot day around the 22nd of May and i turned on my car and put the ac on. it just starts whining squealing blowing hot air. even after 10 minutes same thing. so i made an appointment with Honda service and they diagnose it with a leaking AC compressor and contaminated compressor clutch. My warranty ended in February so 4 months its been out of warranty. I only have 20,600 miles on the car. Cost of compressor replacement is $1,684.00.

So i called Honda Care Corporate to see if i could get a good will coverage. I called them on 6/5/2020 and they told me they would get back to me the following Monday or Tuesday. They never called(This was due to the Cyber Attack, I called them on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and all i get was the technical difficulties message) so on Thursday i called My service advisor and they had just got the verdict on what they will cover. I was hoping for full coverage but it was close. They are covering 90% of the repair. I pay $150. At the end of the day ill take that and run. My car is in the shop today getting the repair. After this is done and i get the few dents out of my car i think i am going to trade it in for something else. I dont need this ac breaking every year.

honda compresor replacement quote.jpg

message from honda corp.jpg
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and after doing some research online with Honda's AC problem, I came across this thread. Being the most relevant and recent thread that I can find regarding what I should do with my AC problem, I was hoping I could get some clear advice on what I should do next.

Should I bring in my car to the dealership for a diagnostic and then call Honda Corporate afterwards for a goodwill? Or should I just straight up call Honda Corporate?

Greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
HayaiKuruma

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
I would take it to the dealership first. How else will you know what’s wrong with it? Be prepared to pay for a diagnostic fee. Sometimes the dealer will contact Honda for you, but more than likely the service advisor will tell you what’s wrong and how much to fix it. That’s when you say you want to talk to Honda Corp. first. Be prepared to leave your car there for a few days while this is sorted out.

what is your mileage, year?

kwei1513

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I would take it to the dealership first. How else will you know what’s wrong with it? Be prepared to pay for a diagnostic fee. Sometimes the dealer will contact Honda for you, but more than likely the service advisor will tell you what’s wrong and how much to fix it. That’s when you say you want to talk to Honda Corp. first. Be prepared to leave your car there for a few days while this is sorted out.

what is your mileage, year?
Oh man, there's no other option than to leave my car there until everything is sorted out? I have a 2017 Honda Civic around 28k miles. My warranty ended around last month, but I wasn't able to go check it out at the dealership cause of Covid-19 happening around. I haven't noticed the AC blowing warm air on the driver's side till two weeks ago.

OP
OP
HayaiKuruma

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
Oh man, there's no other option than to leave my car there until everything is sorted out? I have a 2017 Honda Civic around 28k miles. My warranty ended around last month, but I wasn't able to go check it out at the dealership cause of Covid-19 happening around. I haven't noticed the AC blowing warm air on the driver's side till two weeks ago.
of course you can take your car home. Pay the diagnostic fee and be on your way. You will just have to bring it back. Where do you get it serviced?

kwei1513

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
of course you can take your car home. Pay the diagnostic fee and be on your way. You will just have to bring it back. Where do you get it serviced?
I bought the car from Honda Staten Island in New York, but I rarely went there to get it serviced cause I went to school away from the city. I finally moved back to the city this summer and realized the warm air on one side two weeks ago. But yeah, I shall see what happens this week after I make an appointment. Thanks!

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
My 2019 has just started having this issue. Got an appointment tomorrow morning at the dealership ??‍♂

OP
OP
HayaiKuruma

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
My 2019 has just started having this issue. Got an appointment tomorrow morning at the dealership ??‍♂
Look under the front grill at your condenser and make sure there is no damage to any of the horizontal tubes. Take pictures. If there’s road damage they won’t cover it. Here’s a pic of mine. Make sure you inspect and document it carefully.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 A/C Issue 547FEFDA-D787-4C6D-A175-D9EFB51B77EA

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Look under the front grill at your condenser and make sure there is no damage to any of the horizontal tubes. Take pictures. If there’s road damage they won’t cover it.
Driving now, and sweating my ass off, but will check once I'm stopped. Thanks.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
I have been looking into this a lot and the most recent posts from people are saying that Honda is taking care of them and replacing the condenser etc with no pain (maybe just the rock-damage free guys) but if not you can always join the class action lawsuit starting now. I'd be pissed to even pay $200 for this common, known issue.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I have been looking into this a lot and the most recent posts from people are saying that Honda is taking care of them and replacing the condenser etc with no pain (maybe just the rock-damage free guys) but if not you can always join the class action lawsuit starting now. I'd be pissed to even pay $200 for this common, known issue.

Do you have a link or anything for the class action so I can be locked and loaded in case I need it?

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
Thank you
Wait a minute... I just noticed that it says 2016-2018 models and yours is a 2019? Interesting- I don’t know what that means you might be exempt from it. The lawyers might be interested to know that the issue might be ongoing. You could just email and ask won’t hurt.
Sponsored